Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if Colin Palmer was never injured?

Default What if Colin Palmer was never injured?

I say would have atleast been a 4x All American, mabey 2 or 3x National Champion
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

Default Re: What if Colin Palmer was never injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffyn "The Wrestler" View Post
    I say would have atleast been a 4x All American, mabey 2 or 3x National Champion
    I don't think so.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

how so? the kid was a stud!
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

A lot of guys are studs in high school.

2-3 time champ is what I disagree with the most, though he wouldn't have been a 4xaa either. He didn't have the makeup his brother did from a work ethic standpoint. This is pretty well known. Additionally he would be fighting for his life to even start imo over Stieber and Tessari.

Let's say he did start(very reasonable). If he was going to win 3 titles he would have had to have won last year. Is he beating Russell or Molinaro? No.

If he was going to win two titles he'd maybe be in the conversation at 41, but I don't see it. No chance at 149. Not doubting his pedigree, but it wasn't just injuries that lead to Collin no longer being involved with wrestling.

4 time champ, obviously. Only question is whether he could have tied Cael.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

From what I remember back on the boards, injuries were definitely not the only factor contributing to him stepping away from the sport.

He was tough no doubt, but Lance was better imo and didn't even manage ONE title.
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    4 time champ, obviously. Only question is whether he could have tied Cael.
    Gotta figure Tom Ryan finds a way to get Collin 160 matches.

Sure he was. But to be fair, he couldn't even beat a 17 year old junior in Andrew Alton when he was a 19 year old senior.

If you want to talk huge college busts at tOSU I'd throw Tony Jameson in there even higher than Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post

Let's say he did start(very reasonable). If he was going to win 3 titles he would have had to have won last year. Is he beating Russell or Molinaro? No.
    And you wouldn't think that the only guy who did Beat Russell and Marion in the same season would lose his wrestle off either. But it happened.