Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if Colin Palmer was never injured?

Default Re: What if Colin Palmer was never injured?

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    And you wouldn't think that the only guy who did Beat Russell and Marion in the same season would lose his wrestle off either. But it happened.
    So we'll put you down for 3 titles for Collin Palmer.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

From what I have been told about Collin Palmer by the many guys who know him, even barring injuries he was going to find some way to be a bust in college. It is all good for Ohio State however since they have Stieber (sorry I meant Paddock) and Tessari who look like they will be both be 4x AA's
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

"And you wouldn't think that the only guy who did Beat Russell and Marion in the same season would lose his wrestle off either. But it happened."

At the beginning of his sophomore season, refs started calling his efforts to throw the "Palmer half", employed by Lance so effectively, as potentially dangerous. Eventually (after a season and a half or so) Colin gave up on it.

Colin's 3 Ironman losses are instructive:
    Majored by Nikko
    close loss to Dane Johnson
    5-3 loss to Andrew Alton.

I remember the Triggas match like yesterday. Nikko up 13-0 going into the 3rd period with both wrestlers on their feet. Figured the TF was coming, but Colin got the only TD for a 13-2 final.

His back injury was THE factor, rather then his becoming a family man. But, regardless, there was no way he was going to match Lance's college success. AA candidate perhaps, if he could have stuck with it.

I notice he has been doing camps down Cincinnati way. Best of luck to Colin and family.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Collin was a tremendous talent. By my eye he was quicker and more explosive than Lance, but apparently wasn't as driven.