Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    First of all, I was a fan of his before you ever heard of him. I drove hours to a dual meet and witnessed his only high school loss. I have logged hundreds of miles to see him wrestle. Him specifically. Don't try to tell me who I am or am not a fan of.

Secondly, I think some of you spend too much time over-analyzing college wrestling. I think you forget that these are 18-22 year old kids. This is this most hyped match in years and I'm sure he's hearing and reading about it daily. He's probably reading about some fanatics making guarantees and predictions on his behalf......That crap can get overwhelming. Heck, ARod chokes in the big game so why would it be out of the question for Taylor?

These are kids, not robots. If you don't think he feels the pressure, you're crazy. I'm not saying that is what is definitely going on here. But I'm not ruling it out either.
    Choking is different from backing down/out from competition.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Choking is different from backing down/out from competition.
    I disagree. Backing out or ducking someone is the same as choking. A person simply freezes up and an inner panic starts. Sometimes it happens before the match and they have the option of backing out. It's the same feeling to the person it happens to. I think it happened in the Jenkins match too.

Secondly, I think some of you spend too much time over-analyzing college wrestling.
    Its a college wrestling message board, guy.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Its a college wrestling message board, guy.
    Yes it is. But some of you speak about these kids like they're robots. To suggest that a 20 year old kid can't panic under pressure and want to quit is not realistic. I don't care who it is. Sometimes you guys forget the human element and just start spouting off statistics.

To suggest that a 20 year old kid can't panic under pressure and want to quit is not realistic.
    Arm chair psychoanalysis is equally unrealistic, in my mind.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Arm chair psychoanalysis is equally unrealistic, in my mind.
    So you agree that you're being unrealistic. Thanks for admitting that.

Hahaha I called "does not happen due to injury". I hope I'm wrong though.

First of all, I was a fan of his before you ever heard of him. I drove hours to a dual meet and witnessed his only high school loss. I have logged hundreds of miles to see him wrestle. Him specifically...

...Secondly, I think some of you spend too much time over-analyzing college wrestling.
    Hmmm... you drove hours and logged hundreds of miles to watch a specific wrestler and yet, somehow, we spend too much time analyzing wrestlers?

Boom goes the dynamite.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."