Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

How quicky some forget that DT voluntarily went up a weight in high school to wrestle number 1 in the nation Collin Palmer.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Really trying to hold back from starting to make conspiracy jokes...
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    How quicky some forget that DT voluntarily went up a weight in high school to wrestle number 1 in the nation Collin Palmer.
    Then in the post-match interview he called out #1 ranked Grajales. He thinks he is the best and wants to prove it to everyone else, no way he is running from this match.

I have been a huge fan of Taylor's since he was a freshman in high school. I predicted him to win 4 titles before he stepped on a college mat. I recently picked him to beat Dake. But I'm sorry, if he backs out and isn't seriously injured then the cries of him ducking Dake will start to fly and you all know it. I was being facetious by saying surgery. I simply meant that if he just tweaked something minor and goes about the season as normal from then on then it will look weak.

After watching Taylor's reactions when he lost the matches in FS, it would not be unheard of to think that doubt may have crept into his mind. Doubt is a powerful enemy. Gable lost the last match of his college career because Owings had him doubting himself before the match began. Gable said it himself, so don't think for a second that David Taylor with all his credentials is immune to the mental battle.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I have been a huge fan of Taylor's since he was a freshman in high school. I predicted him to win 4 titles before he stepped on a college mat. I recently picked him to beat Dake. But I'm sorry, if he backs out and isn't seriously injured then the cries of him ducking Dake will start to fly and you all know it. I was being facetious by saying surgery. I simply meant that if he just tweaked something minor and goes about the season as normal from then on then it will look weak.

After watching Taylor's reactions when he lost the matches in FS, it would not be unheard of to think that doubt may have crept into his mind. Doubt is a powerful enemy. Gable lost the last match of his college career because Owings had him doubting himself before the match began. Gable said it himself, so don't think for a second that David Taylor with all his credentials is immune to the mental battle.
    If you were a fan you'd know he doesn't duck people.

Unless he's taking them down in the NCCA finals on his way to techfalling them
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Unless he's taking them down in the NCCA finals on his way to techfalling them
    haha, i see what you did there.

Tough break if it comes to pass. I think Dake is better, but this doesn't fall under the category of ducking. It would be disappointing as a fan, though.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

First of all, I was a fan of his before you ever heard of him. I drove hours to a dual meet and witnessed his only high school loss. I have logged hundreds of miles to see him wrestle. Him specifically. Don't try to tell me who I am or am not a fan of.

Secondly, I think some of you spend too much time over-analyzing college wrestling. I think you forget that these are 18-22 year old kids. This is this most hyped match in years and I'm sure he's hearing and reading about it daily. He's probably reading about some fanatics making guarantees and predictions on his behalf......That crap can get overwhelming. Heck, ARod chokes in the big game so why would it be out of the question for Taylor?

These are kids, not robots. If you don't think he feels the pressure, you're crazy. I'm not saying that is what is definitely going on here. But I'm not ruling it out either.