Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Results 64 to 72 of 72

Thread: McD vs Stieber

  1. #64

    Default Re: McD vs Stieber

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    You're the one making comparisons. You made a statement. I made a humorous disagreement. I understand it's embarrassing being wrong, but don't take it so hard, champ.
    I'm not wrong and the Giants suck.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  2. #65
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: McD vs Stieber

    You are wrong. And I'm cool with being the Sucky Defending Super Bowl Champions. We can only hope to one day aspire to be the Moral Victory Champions like your beloved Redskins.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  3. #66

    Default Re: McD vs Stieber

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    You're the one making comparisons.
    You're the one that introduced Brent Metcalf into a thread titled "McD vs Stieber" if anyone is making comparisons, its you bud.

    Don't bring football up though, I'm not looking forward to watching the Steelers' old ass defense try and chase after RGIII.

    Going to need to lean on Roethlisberger this week. Given how hilariously bad Washington's DB's are though I suppose it isn't a bad place to be.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  4. #67
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: McD vs Stieber

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    You're the one that introduced Brent Metcalf into a thread titled "McD vs Stieber" if anyone is making comparisons, its you bud.
    It's called "taking the discussion in a different direction." I purposely and directly disagreed with one statement. I never agreed, explicitly or implicitly, with the notion that Logan is a counterwrestler, and I have since at the least implied (since I didn't specifically say "I don't think Logan is a counterwrestler) that I don't agree that Logan is a counterwrestler.

    Vais made a statement (nobody is as aggressive against top level opposition), and I disagreed with it by posting a picture of Brent Metcalf making a funny face. You guys are connecting your own dots on a specious argument that somehow by saying that Metcalf WAS as aggressive regardless of opposition that Logan is a counterwrestler. Hardly a logical argument.

    Here's what you guys have managed to do, logically speaking:

    Premise 1 from Vais: Nobody is as aggressive against top level opposition.

    Premise 2 from Zapp: Brent Metcalf was.

    Conclusion from Jensen and Vais: Zapp agrees that Logan Stieber is a counterwrestler.




    ETA: Regarding football, my advice is to aim at Madieu Williams and Josh Wilson's side of the field.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  5. #68

    Default Re: McD vs Stieber

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    You're the one that introduced Brent Metcalf into a thread titled "McD vs Stieber" if anyone is making comparisons, its you bud.

    Don't bring football up though, I'm not looking forward to watching the Steelers' old ass defense try and chase after RGIII.

    Going to need to lean on Roethlisberger this week. Given how hilariously bad Washington's DB's are though I suppose it isn't a bad place to be.
    Steelers guys will beat Skins. Worry not. Start all your steelers in fantasy this week, including Kordell Stewart and Jerome Bettis. This is a team that was supposed to be heavily reliant on a pass rush, well their best pass rushers are hurt, so now they have no pass rush and a garbage secondary and D Hall getting 1 personal foul a game.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #69

    Default Re: McD vs Stieber

    Vais,

    In which thread does this quote appear:
    "Nobody (meaning Stieber, I guess) is as aggressive against top level opposition"?

    Just curious, since I can't find you writing that in this thread.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

  7. #70

    Default Re: McD vs Stieber

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Aren't all wrestlers more aggressive against less skilled wrestlers?

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    Vais,

    In which thread does this quote appear:
    "Nobody (meaning Stieber, I guess) is as aggressive against top level opposition"?

    Just curious, since I can't find you writing that in this thread.
    There ya go.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  8. #71

    Default Re: McD vs Stieber

    Thanks Vais.

    It's still not computing for me, but I appreciate the effort.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

  9. #72

    Default Re: McD vs Stieber

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Steelers guys will beat Skins. Worry not. Start all your steelers in fantasy this week, including Kordell Stewart and Jerome Bettis. This is a team that was supposed to be heavily reliant on a pass rush, well their best pass rushers are hurt, so now they have no pass rush and a garbage secondary and D Hall getting 1 personal foul a game.
    Pretty sure I nailed this in every aspect down to the D Hall personal foul.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •