Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: McD vs Stieber

Default Re: McD vs Stieber

I have watched and rewatch the matches with Ramos and Oliver and stand by my observation. Don't forget that LS scored a TD off Ramos shot followed by a 3pt NF with crab ride. Ramos also took at desperation shot at the end of regulation for another LS TD. I would hardly say that LS is always looking to score points ala Brent Metcalf. It just seems to me everytime I watch LS wrestle TOP guys he scores of counters more than creating his own shot. Again this is my observation and I just rewatched these matches tonight to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Don't forget that LS scored a TD off Ramos shot followed by a 3pt NF with crab ride. Ramos also took at desperation shot at the end of regulation for another LS TD.
    They DID wrestle two other times afterwards. Ramos wasn't quite as charitable in those two matches.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Steiber is constantly on attacks not real sure which match you watched...He secures the first take down almost always and shoots that head inside single like he is being forced to. He has a very dominant ride and once he scores a td he is a hammer with bars and tilts. Watch his world final, he constantly attacks and if his singlet was black and gold rather than scarlet and grey your glasses wouldn't be so tinted.
    That being said I totally agree with you that he went into defense mode in the NCAA final and it nearly cost him but the first 5+minutes of that match he was the aggressor.

Quote Originally Posted by rd149-2 View Post
    if his singlet was black and gold rather than scarlet and grey your glasses wouldn't be so tinted.
    lol.

I am not saying he doesn't attack against lower tier guys. I just say that when you watch his matches with Oliver and Ramos he basically shuts it down and goes on the defense the rest of the time. I 100% agree he is a hammer on top but sometimes it looks like he is just riding and not going for the NF points against better wrestlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    I am not saying he doesn't attack against lower tier guys. I just say that when you watch his matches with Oliver and Ramos he basically shuts it down and goes on the defense the rest of the time. I 100% agree he is a hammer on top but sometimes it looks like he is just riding and not going for the NF points against better wrestlers.
    Aren't all wrestlers more aggressive against less skilled wrestlers?

Don't look it up, the answer is yes.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Lol...
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Aren't all wrestlers more aggressive against less skilled wrestlers?

Don't look it up, the answer is yes.
    Somebody thinks something stinks about this quote:

Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Somebody thinks something stinks about this quote:

Metcalf was unquestionably more reserved against Palmer than he was against lesser guys. Not even a question.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.