Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is BIG?

Default Re: WTF is BIG?

Are we talking about Big or JW? Either way, I feel like I missed something and should stop sticking up for these people.

Pretty sure he is taking about JW. Big hasn't posted here since 2008. Sending nasty or vile pm's really wasn't Big's style.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

I enjoyed debating Big. He was very skilled at stirring the pot. It took some effort to counter his pronouncements. On a rare occasion you could even convince him that he was wrong. Wasn't easy.

I wasn't aware of the specific incidents that lead to his departure. I trust Jensen that it was warranted.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Are we talking about Big or JW? Either way, I feel like I missed something and should stop sticking up for these people.
    JW.

I was around for the tail end of Big's run I believe. Never had a run in.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    You've got me intrigued now...
    There were a few...

The one that bothered me the most was when he made fun of the kids I teach(special education) which I guess he found out I taught. How I was an idiot for being a teacher, had no ambition, why teach those(insert a-hole like descriptions)

There was plenty of other stuff, but what he said about the kids I teach stuck with me the most.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Geez... I withdraw my comment about wanting JW back. I knew he wasn't very PC but I had no idea he was that much of a jerk.

If I remember correctly, Big's last straw had something to do with derogatory comments about Sarah Palin's handicapped son. I know he was spiralling out of control for a while.

Had JW had the gumption to send me PM's about individuals with varying exceptionalities, I would have made him my pet project bitch and done my best to make his life more miserable than it already must have been.

As much as VA and I go back and forth, and I generally concede many points to him, I know what he does for a living and its a more important job than most of us do every day. A tip of the cap to him and he is aware about how I feel about him in that respect. If I could just get him to see Gopher Maroon baby!
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I don't remember a great deal of what Big used to say, but I have to say that I LOVE Tripster's/Big's posts today; the guy kills me!

I have to think that I'm doing something right, though, as Ugly (who I like a lot, even though the feeling is likely not mutual), recently told me that I was, "getting more like Big everyday."
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

A nice trip down memory lane. I guess from a knowledge standpoint, Big was always WAY up there but he used his knowledge for evil purposes. Perhaps he has changed his ways a little. I don't think even if I knew I was going to get my absolute ever lasting ass kicked, that I could let myself run off a mat 12 times? If there is video of that, I would probably pay to see that.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."