Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tOSU wrestle-offs

Default tOSU wrestle-offs

Not sure how intersted non-Buckeye fans are, but some of you fantasy leaguers might be interested.

125- Final wrestle off will be Triggas vs Dijulius. Triggas pinned Roberts, Dijulius won 2-0.

133- duh
    141- Final will be Stieber vs Paddock (very interesting)
    149- Final is Cam vs Alex Gordon
    157- Semi-final is Demas vs Rigel. Winner faces Garcia on Nov 9
    165- Mark Martin vs TBD. I'm guessing it will be either Demas or Garcia (whoever loses 157).
    174- Heflin vs Ohara
    184- Courts vs Craig Thomas
    197- Camp vs Ray Gordon. Winner faces Magrum!! I am confused as to why he got the bye. What does he do if Camp wins? Interesting weight class.
    275- Capone vs Elor

Default Re: tOSU wrestle-offs

Pretty lame that the 157 and 197 finals are delayed until 11/9. Word is that Camp might redshirt; the decision will ultimately be made by their performances at the wrestle-off and the Buffalo Open (which looks to include Kilgore and Wilps).

It makes sense to redshirt Camp but what happens if he actually wins? Does Magrum drop weight or do they disregard the win and still rs Camp?

I was going to draft Mangrum as a joke on a guy as I'd heard rumors of camp RSing . Yet TLV picked Mangrum who is officially going 197 . Paddock should transfer to Kent state or IU.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I don't know, Quinn. It's quite conceivable that Magrum rides the pine his senior year. If Camp comes out of the Buffalo Open with a win over Wilps, I don't know that I see Tom Ryan redshirting him. I have no idea how a Magrum Courts match would go at this point. Courts has a mountain of ability, but we haven't gotten to see him face any college competition. I know he can ride, tilt, and shoot, but can he get off bottom? Can he finish his shots against guys who aren't going to concede the points? We don't know the answers to these questions because he did not participate on the open circuit last year.

Magrum is a solid guy. I think he could push for an AA spot at 184 (I don't think he will at 197 because he's undersized).

Both Courts and Magrum are injury-prone, so I'm glad we have both of them to mitigate the risk that both present in the starting lineup.

Interesting that Garcia is dropping.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I think it's a better fit for him--if he can beat Demas. He looked undersized to me at 65 last year as he is pretty short. I think he'll be a Lance Palmer-ish build at 157.

Snackem is sky high on Garcia...
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Gold, is it because he's a senior that he gets the bye? If I were Camp, I'd be a bit pissed that he apparently didn't earn his spot last season. Ryan is a much wiser man than me, but if I were coach I would give last year's starter the bye and make the dude switching weights have to wrestle for the chance to beat him. But then again, I am just an armchair coach.