Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: JO to 49?

Default Re: JO to 49?

I feel deeply that Caleb will piss pound JO this year
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

There could also be some shuffling at 141 and 149 pounds, where Josh Kindig and Jordan Oliver headline the list of preseason candidates to start.

“It’s just a natural move for him,” Smith said. “We haven’t decided if he’ll be at 141 or 149 yet, but for his progression of moving into international wrestling after this season - he sees himself at 145 there - this move would be a good transition for that.”

Cowboy Wrestling Targets Big 12 and NCAA Success - Oklahoma State Official Athletic Site
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Well despite everything I had been hearing looks like Tyler Dorrel was able to make 125 after all
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

So it looks like this Chris Chionuma was a 3 year starter and NAIA champ at 174, transferred to OSU, redshirted at 165 and is now jumping to 184 due to the Caldwell transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    So it looks like this Chris Chionuma was a 3 year starter and NAIA champ at 174, transferred to OSU, redshirted at 165 and is now jumping to 184 due to the Caldwell transfer?
    The plan for him to go 184 was in place before the transfer. The original idea was Stephen Swan/Dallas Bailey at 165 and Chionuma at 184.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Then why did he wrestle at 165 while redshirting last year? Especially since he spent the previous 3 years at 174?

I really don't know, I wanted him to be our starter and was pissed he was redshirting. I guess they wanted to see how he did getting acclamated to D1 wrestling first. What I think happened is that our only other 184 was Zach White who is not very good, so they figured they would rather to get Chris to bulk up then deal with Zach and Tyler Caldwell transferring just shored up our hole at 165