Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dake is lucky he never has to face this guy

Default Dake is lucky he never has to face this guy

As a college wrestler, Marcus LeVesseur was undefeated and untied, with a record of 155–0. He won four NCAA Division III individual national titles, and was a member of two teams that won national championships. Since his last loss in high school competition LeVesseur compiled an amateur wrestling record of 296–0 through his senior year at Augsburg. He is only the second college wrestler ever to finish his career unbeaten and untied, with a 155–0 career record (Cael Sanderson was the first with a 159–0 record). LeVesseur ended his high school wrestling career 141 match unbeaten streak, which when combined with his unbeaten college career was 296–0. In high school LeVesseur defeated future Olympian Ben Askren 13–4 in the title match of the Bi-State Tournament in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Askren would later become a two-time runner-up and a two-time champion in Division I, as well as the Bellator Fighting Championships welterweight champion.

Default Re: Dake is lucky he never has to face this guy

I wonder if going DIII was his choice....
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

You can stop wondering Burnsie - yes it was his choice. Absolutely 100%

He spent one semester at Minny; did not break into the starting lineup and transferred down the street. He never wrestled a major open tourney such as the the Midlands. He was a senior and Askren a Junior when they met. He never entered any major freestyle tourneys such as .......oh, the Olympic Trials or Trials for the national team. He tried MMA on regional level and hasn't done particulary well there either........oh, ya, I'm SURE that Dake would be shaking in his boots at the thought of wrestling him.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

I'm a D3 wrestler so I always support it when I can and I have seen some incredible wrestlers compete for D3 schools, a handful of them should've gone D1 but didn't for multiple reasons. I would draw the comparison that a D3 AA is equal to a D1 national qualifier and a D3 National Champ could probably AA (like they used to be able to back in the day, my school had a couple). But when putting the cream of the crop against each other the results show that D3 wrestlers are at that level for a reason. From McD destroying the best 125 pounder in D3 history to Byron Tate's showing at the All-Star match last year. We gotta accept that D3 wrestlers are good, and can be really good, but they are not the best.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    I'm a D3 wrestler so I always support it when I can and I have seen some incredible wrestlers compete for D3 schools, a handful of them should've gone D1 but didn't for multiple reasons. I would draw the comparison that a D3 AA is equal to a D1 national qualifier and a D3 National Champ could probably AA (like they used to be able to back in the day, my school had a couple). But when putting the cream of the crop against each other the results show that D3 wrestlers are at that level for a reason. From McD destroying the best 125 pounder in D3 history to Byron Tate's showing at the All-Star match last year. We gotta accept that D3 wrestlers are good, and can be really good, but they are not the best.
    Just as in the later years of the Penrith era at UNI I'd get people who would repeatedly say that Wartburg would KILL UNI in a head to head matchup.

Well, when I went back and looked at when their wrestlers went head to head in open tournaments, Wartburg wrestlers didn't fare very well against UNI wrestlers, even against the non-starters for UNI.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

My favorite line in the bio is the one about Askren. He beat him in a high school tournament. THen they include his NCAA results AND his MMA results which happened a minimum of, what 4 years after that result? That's some great fluffing.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

i believe Levasseur is in MMA now, maybe he should fight Askren

BTW (hijack alert) how is Askren doing in MMA? Any chance of his moving up to bigger organization soon?

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Just as in the later years of the Penrith era at UNI I'd get people who would repeatedly say that Wartburg would KILL UNI in a head to head matchup.

Well, when I went back and looked at when their wrestlers went head to head in open tournaments, Wartburg wrestlers didn't fare very well against UNI wrestlers, even against the non-starters for UNI.
    We wrestle Cleveland State every year which much to my surprise actually has a D1 wrestling program haha. We usually win an average of maybe 3 matches against them, we are one of the better D3 teams and they are one of the lowest rated teams in D1 and we haven't beat them in I think 15 years.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth