Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andrew Long. The saga continues.

Default Re: Andrew Long. The saga continues.

He's doing his time in county, not prison? Do they have Protective Custody in their jails? If he can't PC up, he may not live long enough to become a better person. Sex offenders have a rough time when incarcerated.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

mike,
    I've never seen a county jail with a PC block.At most counties have those suicide watch cells where you sit buck naked on camera 24/7.This sentence is weird . He was locked up for an asexual crime w/o violence yet has to register as a predator for life ? This kid'll blow numbers and get his probation revoked . THEN he will do HARD TIME.
    This kid was facing a 30 ball and might be out in 6 months because the VICTIM did NOT want him to go to prison ? then why file charges and ruin his life then ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Victims dont' file charges; DA's do. Once charges are filed, the vic has little or no say as to how the case proceeds. the DA decides. She is simply a witness. The Vic didn't ruin his life(if in fact it is ruined); Long did. Guys who are convicted of sexual assaults generally are not at more risk than the GP unless the vic is a minor; it is child predators who have to look over there shoulders all the time.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

nah-Tim you know every CM in prison checks into PC their first day and end up costing the state and additional 30% more than a regular felon.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I hope he can find some peace and figure out a way to stay away from alcohol. Regardless, the rest of his life will be more difficult than most as a felon and convicted sex offender. An incredible talent who will someday, if not already, realize what could have been... To me, that moment would be far worse than a 1 - 2 year prison sentence.

Russ: In Sconny, all adult males go to Dodge Correctional for about 30 days for evaluation and then are shipped to the appropriate facility. Regardless, Long is where he is because of Long and noone else IMO.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.