Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dake going 165 all year !

Default Re: Dake going 165 all year !

Quote Originally Posted by dback_5 View Post
    Most Iowa fans have nothing against Dake. Most fans were booing the official during the finals match. I personally like Dake. If he wins 165 this year, I dont care who you are, you will never make me believe that he isnt the best college wrestler ever bar none. That includes the State Penn Head coach, Smith, Gable, McIlravy, etc....
    Cael went 4 years without a single let down . That's more than Dake can say. He also beat some really good competition in those 4 years.

Cornell and Penn State are both at the Scuffle on New Years. That match could be the deciding factor for Dake

Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion
    "I do not like Kyle Dake"
    -Frank Molinaro

Quote Originally Posted by louden swain View Post
    haha, when did he say that?
    Right about when the ride time went over 6 minutes, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion
    "I do not like Kyle Dake"
    -Frank Molinaro

Right about when the ride time went over 6 minutes, I believe.
    I thought he might have said that in an interview

I'm going to call the final score 15-7 Taylor.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Kr and I were talking last night and I think that if the combined score is less than 14 Dake wins, if it is over 14 I'll give the nod to DT.

My prediction: Dake over DT 8-5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Kr and I were talking last night and I think that if the combined score is less than 14 Dake wins, if it is over 14 I'll give the nod to DT.

My prediction: Dake over DT 8-5.
    8 points on Taylor? Don't believe that has happened to him..like ever. Dake scored 4 points on a one legged DSJ. Where do the other 4 come from? I just don't see Dake winning a match like that..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I was booing because during his interview he basically admitted to stalling...which he did. I'm not saying he wouldnt have dominated DSJ if he would have stayed on his offense but he was certainly content to coast. A win's a win...I guess.

I hope he stays at 65 all year. I'd like to see him and Taylor battle a couple of times throughout the season if their schedules match up that way.
    I was thinking that for Iowa fans it's a win/win for Dake to move up. He gives DSJ a definite shot at a national title he didn't have before, and it makes a sure title for DT become uncertain. Still, I'm glad he's talking of moving up. I'm optimistic about DT's chances in folkstyle; and whether he wins or loses, it's good for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by louden swain View Post
    I thought he might have said that in an interview
    I think BBL was being tongue-in-cheek. Don't think Molinaro ever said it (but was probably thinking it late in that finals match!).