Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanderson does not like National Duals

Default Re: Sanderson does not like National Duals

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    With all due respect, I think the debate is not between those who are looking out for what's best for the sport as a whole vs those who are only looking out for their team's interest. There really are different philosophies out there as to what's best for the sport. Those differrences in philosophies are what's driving this controversy.

Couldnt have said it better Tom. Some of you State Penners are good guys....I hate Rob Koll for making me say that.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I know that Iowa State hasn't been near a BCS title at any point in time, but you do realize that the ultimate prize in NCAA football isn't an NCAA trophy, right?

Don't see the big deal. Legitimize National Duals and nothing changes at all about Ind. tourney save the letters on the trophy.
    The NCAA title is the ultimate prize in wrestling though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Do you care who wins the Hodge trophy or is that meaningless too?

No, I really don't care who wins the Hodge Trophy. Like I said. The only trophy that matters to me, and I've been spoiled over the years, is the gold one that the team holds up at the end of the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Couldnt have said it better Tom. Some of you State Penners are good guys....I hate Rob Koll for making me say that.
    Herkey--It's nice to be on the same side of an issue for a change!

The individual team title is the ultimate prize. The year Metcalf lost to Caldwell, he was not smiling in the team picture with the team trophy because what mattered most is the individual title. And NC State fans were not bummed out because they did not place in the team standings

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    The individual team title is the ultimate prize. The year Metcalf lost to Caldwell, he was not smiling in the team picture with the team trophy because what mattered most is the individual title. And NC State fans were not bummed out because they did not place in the team standings
    I agree completely. Caldwell had every right to smile from ear to ear even though his team had absolutely no shot (ever) at the team title. Wrestling is an individual sport.

I like the idea of a national dual championship. It only makes sense that the national team champion would be the best TEAM and not the team who has a few really good wrestlers that score a lot of points at a tournament. Its the same in high school, I like a dual state championship as well. It cant hurt the sport and then we could really see who the best TEAM. I love the NCAA tournament but I think this proposal only helps college wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I like the idea of a national dual championship. It only makes sense that the national team champion would be the best TEAM and not the team who has a few really good wrestlers that score a lot of points at a tournament. Its the same in high school, I like a dual state championship as well. It cant hurt the sport and then we could really see who the best TEAM. I love the NCAA tournament but I think this proposal only helps college wrestling.
    Now don't be reasonable. This debate requires extremism from both sides.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Individual title is ultimate prize.
    No, I really don't care who wins the Hodge Trophy. Like I said. The only trophy that matters to me, and I've been spoiled over the years, is the gold one that the team holds up at the end of the NCAA tournament.
    Your fanhood seems quite specific.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.