Thread: ASU Wrestlers find themselves on the other side of the law

Default ASU Wrestlers find themselves on the other side of the law

Three former ASU wrestlers and one current wrestler were arrested and charged with aggravated assault during the Sept. 1 ASU football game against San Jose State, ASU Police spokesman Jim Hardina said Thursday.

"The victims were ASU students, the subjects were wrestlers," ASU spokeswoman Leah Hardesty said.

Hardina said the incident was unrelated to two other aggravated assaults involving the Sigma Nu fraternity and ASU lacrosse players.

"There was a verbal altercation at a tailgate involving two ASU students," Hardina said. "They were beat up by three ASU wrestlers and one former ? four total."

Two of the wrestlers, who were at the time on the ASU wrestling team, have since left the University, said Alex Ryan, spokesman for the ASU Athletic Department.

"Only one guy can still potentially be with the team; the other guys have nothing to do with the University," Ryan said. "We wish them the best of luck with whatever their future endeavors are."

Ryan said he would not comment on what the consequences of the aggravated assault charges would mean for the ASU wrestling team.

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

Default Re: ASU Wrestlers find themselves on the other side of the law

I'm really close to one of the guys involved and good friends with the other 3, and it's really unfortunate. Yes, you shouldn't beat people up, but they were not the instigators in the matter at all from all accounts. It's just a shame that 150 pound wrestler can beat up 200 pound regular guys so easily.

I thought about not even posting the article because these types of news articles find there way to the newsstand regularly. Its like the journalists find something unfair about a wrestler being involved in a fight.

I wonder what it is about the "regular" guys out there that decide after 8 beers it is now a good time to pick a fight and get beaten up.

Where did you get that article at?

I don't have a clue, but I'm sure I could eventually find out if its necessary

I'm confused, how do you not know where you got that article?

http://www.asuwebdevil.com/issues/20...26/news/702455

Most articles are emailed to the forum for me to check.. this one came off a news feed on flowrestling and thats why I couldn't find it.