Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: PSU's line up-best guess

Default Re: PSU's line up-best guess

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    All the worry about a fringe sport.
    I'm not going to take part in this "debate," but my thick-skull can't grasp one little thing: what is your interest in this "fringe sport," if it actually motivates you to go and read peoples' comments about the "fringe sport" and to post your comments on the "fringe sport?"
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Ok i'll ask you, what does he do with the sole purpose of helping the have nots, the sport etc. Maybe it's you that doesn't know what he doesn't do? Like a Gable, Shultz, etc. Being a champion or a coach of a championship team doen't really mean you contribute to the sport. I'm listening though.

Quote Originally Posted by oted874 View Post
    Ok i'll ask you, what does he do with the sole purpose of helping the have nots, the sport etc. Maybe it's you that doesn't know what he doesn't do? Like a Gable, Shultz, etc. Being a champion or a coach of a championship team doen't really mean you contribute to the sport. I'm listening though.
    Again, seriously? Being the coach of a championship team, or any wrestling team for that matter, DOES mean you contribute to the sport. You're a coach, there is no greater contribution! Aside from that small detail he also runs the NLWC, develops our local youth programs, runs summer wrestling camps, participates in clinics, and is an ambassador for the sport every day of his life. Not sure what your definition of "contribute" is but I think that qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by oted874 View Post
    You have evidence of other coaches doing what you're describing?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Last year Cael took his team to Utah Valley University for a dual. That dual alone showcased the best team in the nation to more people than the finals of the National Duals which had four of the best teams in the nation. I think they drew over 6,000 people for the dual plus the webcast was much better than National Duals was (and it wasn't even close). I think he made college wrestling fans of more than a few poeple that night.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

That is an excellent answer.

This whole thing has made me defend Cael Sanderson and I'm not all that happy about it. Life as a Hawkeye fan was much more fun when Cael was the enemy. Hopefully this can all be squared away and I can get back to not defending him. When he's right, he's right though.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

How do you think I feel . . . I'm agreeing with you.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    This whole thing has made me defend Cael Sanderson and I'm not all that happy about it. Life as a Hawkeye fan was much more fun when Cael was the enemy. Hopefully this can all be squared away and I can get back to not defending him. When he's right, he's right though.
    My hat's off to you Herkey! You too spider. Sticking up for Cael had to be hard for you, and I'm not being a smart aleck saying that...I really mean it. I'm a PSU fan, and you'd probably be surprised at the number of folks here in Happy Valley that respect and stand up for the Brands'. Been a college fan for a very long time, and the best fans understand what all these coaches bring to the table...we need 'em all!!