Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: montell arrested again .

Default montell arrested again .

Former Iowa wrestler Montell Marion arrested again | TheGazette
    I wonder if the Hawkeye nation will rally around him again ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Default Re: montell arrested again .

nope, tired of this garbage

No more eligibility, its safe to kick him to the curb now
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I knew someone was going to bring this up. I haven't taken any sides with Marion in the past, but at a certain point he needs to grow the **** up. I trusted peoples judgement in the past, which may have been a mistake. I do think the fact that he is no longer eligible will cause many fans to "kick him to the curb", but who could blame them at this point? I don't think hawkeyenation will rally and we may have already rallied around this kid one too many times.

I think Terry and Tom kept him on the straight and narrow after his suspension and now that he's on his own he has taken a step back in his personal development.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    I think Terry and Tom kept him on the straight and narrow after his suspension and now that he's on his own he has taken a step back in his personal development.
    I haven't looked up the timeline, but I'm pretty sure he spent some involuntary personal time with police at least twice after his suspension was lifted. I doubt he was ever on the straight and narrow, more likely straddling the line just enough to stay barely eligible based on what he got caught doing.

Eligibility or not, it amazes me how quick people are to disregard a young, troubled person and kick him to the curb. Forget wrestling for a minute. This is a guy who can help society for the next 60 years or be a drain on it. You all apparently want him to be a drain on it. Forget about the excitement that some of his wins brought Hawkeye fans. Just give up on a 22 or 23 year old, his usefullness in life is obviously over.

There comes a time that he needs to be held accountable for his actions, and grow the f up as the other poster said.

I liked Montell as a wrestler. As a person, he's always been a bit of a DB. He comes by it honestly though. His dad is a huge DB who groomed Montell into what he is today by bailing him out of every situation he was ever in and pulling the race card in every situation.

Brands may have givin him one more chance than he deserved but contrary to what BBL says he was walking the straight and narrow before he was allowed back onto the team and continued to do so at least until the season was over last year. I really don't have an issue with letting him back on the team. (Don't give me the hypocrisy/Andrew Long crap State Penners. The situations are not even close) I had just hoped that Montell had changed his behavior for good. However, if he beat up a woman, he deserves whatever he gets and is obviously still a DB.

In a way I kind of hope that this was alcohol related and it's a case of him falling off the wagon, so he can get back on it, but I have my doubts about how bad he wants to ride that wagon.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09