Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: montell arrested again .

Default Re: montell arrested again .

Shall we go to the source?

Montell Marion - HawkeyeNation Forum
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post

And I do get a kick out of anybody, even a guy I like in Jensen, implying something against a fanbase for caring less about a guy after he's off the team.
    I didn't think I was making a dramatic implication against the fan base. All I was doing was answering the question that Russ asked in the first post in the negative.

Is it a good or bad thing that since he's off the team and graduated most people don't care anymore? Maybe, maybe not. But he's gone, he's graduated, and people really don't care anymore.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I didn't think I was making a dramatic implication against the fan base. All I was doing was answering the question that Russ asked in the first post in the negative.

Is it a good or bad thing that since he's off the team and graduated most people don't care anymore? Maybe, maybe not. But he's gone, he's graduated, and people really don't care anymore.
    I wasn't saying it was some dramatic statement, but it seemed like a pretty clear implication against the Hawkeye fans.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Not really what it was meant as.

Maybe more glib than I should have been, but based on your first post it seems as though we agree with one another in reference to the situation.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    One of the most interesting stand-along comments in TWT. Interesting because:
    It is almost certainly true
    It provokes some thought on a serious topic
    It is not particularly surprising to find it on a sports-related message board
    It is also a topic most people are afraid to talk about. That's one of the sad things about 24 hour news stations. They make people think they are anti-"something" if they think for themselves. Which results in people just doing what they've always done. So we get what we've always gotten. It's sad. People need help. But pointing out the obvious doesn't win elections.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    But pointing out the obvious doesn't win elections.
    Agreed. It seems more and more that making points that sound good but aren't actually true is the preferred political strategy.

Eligibility or not, it amazes me how quick people are to disregard a young, troubled person and kick him to the curb. Forget wrestling for a minute. This is a guy who can help society for the next 60 years or be a drain on it. You all apparently want him to be a drain on it. Forget about the excitement that some of his wins brought Hawkeye fans. Just give up on a 22 or 23 year old, his usefullness in life is obviously over.
    Im kind of with you on this one...I mean if everyone I know had given up on me the first couple of times I had scrapes with the law, I'm not sure I'd be where I am today. There comes a time in every man's life where you can only guide him so long. You hope you've instilled something in him that at some point triggers and he "get's it" before its too late. I also think that from what I have seen, his dad makes way too many excuses for him. His dad is the one guy that really ought to be the lynch pin for this kid. I put no other individuals in charge of the actions of who my three boys are then myself. That is a direct reflection on myself and I have the responsibility, no matter what their age, to give them a "come to jesus" when I see fit. I'm concerned for Montell and I for one hope he continues to have people around him that stay involved with this young man until he figures it out.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

It is also a topic most people are afraid to talk about. That's one of the sad things about 24 hour news stations. They make people think they are anti-"something" if they think for themselves. Which results in people just doing what they've always done. So we get what we've always gotten. It's sad. People need help. But pointing out the obvious doesn't win elections.
    I've spent a night in jail, let's just say I haven't kicked in anymore grocery store windows since that evening in Mankato. Lesson learned.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

The REALLY sad part is that everytime I see this thread header I just think its VAIS "bumping it". Sadly, thats not the case.