Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D1cw 11-20

Default Re: D1cw 11-20

Hankes low sweep gave him problems i think. He wont lost to him again.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    The operative word is "if", but I think that's predicated on his staying healthy. I'm not quite sure how he lost to Hanke. But otherwise he was overwhelming last year.
    Both injuries have been peck tears, correct? If so, doesn't bode well for him at heavy, he needs that connection to be healthy to muscle the bigger guys around.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Both injuries have been peck tears, correct? If so, doesn't bode well for him at heavy, he needs that connection to be healthy to muscle the bigger guys around.
    Different sides though, so that in a way could be a good thing? Idk..

Top 10 are out. Looks fine to me.
    2012 Top 50 Wrestlers: 1-10 - D1 College Wrestling

Can't really argue with anything there, based off the criteria that they've established with 11-50
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Pretty close to what we predicted!

I tried to quantify the top 50 a little. First a disclaimer--these numbers obviously don't factor in the guys that were 51-100 many of whom will be AA's and significantly figure into the team championship. So, these figures aren't the best predictor of the team championship--but they do indicate something!

I assigned points in reverse of the ranking number (i.e. 1st gets 50 points, 2nd gets 49. . .50th gets 1). Based on that these are the point totals and the number of guys ranked in top 50 for whom I consider the top 7 teams:

PSU--191 (6)
    OSU--156 (4)--all 4 in top 20; I've been worried about OSU, esp. if Gelogaev stays healthy
    Iowa--130 (5)
    Minn--128 (5)
    Cornell--91 (2)
    tOSU--87 (4)
    Ill--36 (3)

All these teams have tough veterans or young guys not in the top 50 who could greatly impact the team scoring. So, this is only one kind of an indicator and far from an overall NCAA tournament prediction. Also, a #10 who wins an NCAA title earns as many points as a #1 who also wins a title (assuming similar bonus points).

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Different sides though, so that in a way could be a good thing? Idk..
    This just means either side could re-tear . every pec tear leaves a ton of scar tissue and as much as z goes upper body this will plaque him.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I think McDonough and Ruth should swap. McDonough has a better resume at this point.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

You could make the argument for McD to be #2 in my opinion