Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D1cw 11-20

Default Re: D1cw 11-20

Hes a freak.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Didn't even think of him when I saw Z at #14.

As much as I love Tony I don't know if I agree with discounting the 16-5 match from last December. Until Z got hurt he looked poised to COAST to the title.
    Earl said he wasn't discounting the major dec over Nelson. He thinks Z's injury problems are the reason.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

It's hard to put Z any higher when his highest finish is 7th. I understand that he smashed Nelson, Telford and others before his injury but he still hasn't finished higher than 7th. The amount of respect they gave his pre-injury regular season resulted in him being placed in front of national runner-up DSJ, who is pretty damn good.

I guess in ranking Z it depends on whether you are ranking him 1) based on how good you think he is; 2) how he has done in NCAA's in the past; or 3) how likely he is to remain healthy. If you limit your ranking to how good he is--he's clearly top 10 in my book and #1 at heavyweight hands down. I think they factored in that he may not stay healthy up to the NCAA's based on the last 2 years. If Z's healthy. . .watch out!

Being the 14th overall rated wrestler in the country is pretty high praise and a nice show of respect for a senior with one 7th place finish. They got it right imo.

Agree with the ranking of Z
    Gold is an idiot.

OK guys. Granted that Z hasn't had top level NCAA success yet (basically due to injury) to justify a higher ranking. But, if he stays healthy all year I would be amazed if he were not a top 6-8 guy by the end of the season, possibly higher.

If he keeps on the pace he was last year he will gt hodge consideration

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    If he keeps on the pace he was last year he will gt hodge consideration
    The operative word is "if", but I think that's predicated on his staying healthy. I'm not quite sure how he lost to Hanke. But otherwise he was overwhelming last year.