Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 37 to 45 of 66

Thread: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

  1. #37

    Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

    I went to Mechanicsburg highschool in central PA and I don't think we ever lost to James Buchanan in anything. The school is in Mercersburg,PA

  2. #38

    Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I went to Mechanicsburg highschool in central PA and I don't think we ever lost to James Buchanan in anything. The school is in Mercersburg,PA
    Wife went to Messiah so im very familiar with mechanicsburg
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #39

    Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

    It's a small world. My parents live in Upper Allen township about 1.5 miles from Messiah. One of my best friends is actually a track and field throws coach there.

  4. #40

    Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    I am starting my sophomore year at college, I am 20 btw. I am also on the radio up here and always seem to hear how young I am when talking about music. Back on topic, I always say it is best to go for a respected kid out of one of the big states (Ohio, PA, Iowa, etc) then go for a highly lauded recruit out of somewhere like Virginia, Texas, etc. More often then not the kids coming out of those other states are wind up busts.
    Give Georgia 4 years...

  5. #41
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I agree to an extent, but with the amount of tournaments that top kids can travel to they have a chance to prove themselves. Would anyone argue that Joey Dance isn't one of the top kids in the country because he competes in Virginia? Tim Dudley out of North Carolina absolutely mauled several highly ranked wrestlers at last years super 32!! On the other hand, a kid that wins 2 state titles against questionable in state competition and never travels to larger competitions is a very risky proposition.
    I am a huge fan of Joey Dance and one of his biggest supporters, Bubba Jenkins speaks for himself also Daniel Frishkorn was an AA before his car wreck. I am not saying good kids don't come out of states like that (Yes I am aware Virginia is doing a tad better then Kentucky, we have Kyle Ruschell though). But it is an issue of consistency, if I was a coach I would rather get a one to two time state champ from Ohio then a 4 time state champ from Georgia regardless of results. The national tournaments aren't the be all end all of determining top talent since we have seen plenty of wrestlers who dominate the national high school scene taper off and becomes underachievers in college.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  6. #42

    Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    I am starting my sophomore year at college, I am 20 btw. I am also on the radio up here and always seem to hear how young I am when talking about music. Back on topic, I always say it is best to go for a respected kid out of one of the big states (Ohio, PA, Iowa, etc) then go for a highly lauded recruit out of somewhere like Virginia, Texas, etc. More often then not the kids coming out of those other states are wind up busts.
    Well look at that. You even listed the states in the proper order.

  7. #43
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

    Quote Originally Posted by GaCoach View Post
    Give Georgia 4 years...
    That is some funny timing, I went to middle school in Georgia, Richmond Hill. I know they have had a couple state qualifiers since I left but I don't follow them that much.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  8. #44

    Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    It's a small world. My parents live in Upper Allen township about 1.5 miles from Messiah. One of my best friends is actually a track and field throws coach there.
    Awesome campus. I actually wanted to go there. I know a guy who does/did throw for Messiah. I think Javelin.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  9. #45

    Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Wife went to Messiah so im very familiar with mechanicsburg
    Wow, Vais. My daughter is just starting at Messiah this week. My wife is there for the orientation while I'm a long way off. Yes, now Messiah is officially in Mechanicsburg as they changed their postal address.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •