Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

VA is probably a top 10-15 state in the country high school wise. Has more d1 teams than Iowa also.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I agree to an extent, but with the amount of tournaments that top kids can travel to they have a chance to prove themselves. Would anyone argue that Joey Dance isn't one of the top kids in the country because he competes in Virginia? Tim Dudley out of North Carolina absolutely mauled several highly ranked wrestlers at last years super 32!! On the other hand, a kid that wins 2 state titles against questionable in state competition and never travels to larger competitions is a very risky proposition.
    Small correction. Dudley is from South Carolina--a state not known to produce a lot of AA's. He's from my stateside neck of the woods, so I thought I'd mention it. Haven't heard where he's going to college.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Small correction. Dudley is from South Carolina--a state not known to produce a lot of AA's. He's from my stateside neck of the woods, so I thought I'd mention it. Haven't heard where he's going to college.
    I believe he is headed to Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    You may have George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Maddison and a whole slew of other Presidents, but we have Dan Gable.

Adv Iowa.

Back on topic. It sure would be nice if Virginia or some southern states could start to solidify themselves as being in the upper echelon of high school wrestling. The more competition the better.
    As long as we're talking presidents I want to proudly mention PA's one and only--James Buchanan!!!!

As long as we're talking presidents I want to proudly mention PA's one and only--James Buchanan!!!!
    They have to be one of the worst athletic highschools in the state

Hahahaha!! My wife is from greencastle and i had 2 good friends who went to JB!!! Never thought id read about them on twt!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    They have to be one of the worst athletic highschools in the state
    Where is that? When I drive to my hometown I go through Buchanan's hometown, but can't remember which one it is. Is it McConnellsburg? No, that's not it, but can't remember it. That's what happens when you get over 85!

Where is that? When I drive to my hometown I go through Buchanan's hometown, but can't remember which one it is. Is it McConnellsburg? No, that's not it, but can't remember it. That's what happens when you get over 85!
    South Central PA, not far off of 81.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    South Central PA, not far off of 81.
    So, vais, your wife is from Greencastle. I hadn't read your Greencastle post when I asked for the name of Buchanan's hometown. I know Greencastle--drive through it on my way up to my hometown of State College. I'm afraid that Buchanan may be the worst president the US ever had. Sounds like their sports teams aren't much better according to 1stplace.