Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else agree?

Default Anyone else agree?

The National Championship could be a toss up next season. Penn State is obviously going to be in the running but you have Minnesota, Cornell, Ohio State, and Iowa that are going to be tough.. my prediction is this is the Top 5 order at the end of the NCAA Tournament..

1.Penn State-They've won it the past 2 years and they just keep getting stronger.
    2.Ohio State-I think they only had 1 starter graduate last season. I expect alot from them.
    3.Minnesota-I'm pretty sure they were relatively young last year and finished runners-up
    4.Cornell-They will def have at least 2 champs and at least 3 other all-americans to back them up.
    5.Iowa-I dont really know a whole lot about them as far as the 2012-2013 starters go but i dont think they really lost anyone. they will most likely be in the top 5 next year.
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

Default Re: Anyone else agree?

Well then it's settled. Penn State has won it the last two years and are getting stronger. They have it in the bag. Cornell will also finish ahead of Iowa with two champs and a total of five aa's even though Iowa has six aa's returning, three of which were top three. Oh and a little known guy named Mike Evans is back too.

I'm not going to give a long analysis of all five of your teams, cause I don't have time to and I don't want to but I think your reasons are very vague and lack substance. If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Well then it's settled. Penn State has won it the last two years and are getting stronger. They have it in the bag. Cornell will also finish ahead of Iowa with two champs and a total of five aa's even though Iowa has six aa's returning, three of which were top three. Oh and a little known guy named Mike Evans is back too.

I'm not going to give a long analysis of all five of your teams, cause I don't have time to and I don't want to but I think your reasons are very vague and lack substance. If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals.
    i have other few other reasons to back up each team that i have picked, and like i said i dont know a whole lot about iowas returning team but i do know they will be tough.. because its frickin iowa lol. ill probably go over some of my other reasons later.. im in class and my teacher gets mad at me everyday for being on here haha.
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

Who are cornells 2 for sure? Bosak? Really? Cornell doesnt have the firepower and wont be in the discussion.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Who are cornells 2 for sure? Bosak? Really? Cornell doesnt have the firepower and wont be in the discussion.
    hey man he did it once he can do it agian haha. then u got kyle dake(my favorite wrestler over all right now) obviously winning, and i honestly think mike nevinger could make the final, but wouldnt be able to over come oliver.

Cornell will def have at least 2 champs (looks like Bosak is a lock to beat Ruth)? Iowa will likely be in the top 5? I'm not quite sure what to say.

1. Penn State is a considerable favorite
    2. Many people would slot Iowa or Minnesota into the two spot
    3. Many see Ohio State as a year away even though they do have a tremendous amount of young talent in that room
    4. Cornell will compete for a top 5 spot, but will fall well short of a national championship
    5. Oklahoma State wasn't even worth a mention?

Penn State is a solid favorite but like every other season there are a considerable amount of unknowns.

Cornell will struggle to circumvemt Okey St. Who isnt even on your list.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I'll enter into the discussion since Olympics are over and we're starting to work our way towards the wrestling season. I think any of the 5 COULD win: PSU, Minnesota, Iowa, OSU, tOSU. Even though Cornell has 2 returning champs, they only have one other returning AA and Bosak is far from a lock at 184 to repeat. If Gelogaev stays healthy (a big if), and OSU can overcome their NCAA doldrums they can be right up there. I do like the team PSU has back. Minnesota and Iowa have a lot of horses back as well as young talent. I think that tOSU is a year away from competing for the title. But look out for tOSU in 2014. My predictions for order:

1. PSU
    2. Minnesota
    3. OSU
    4. Iowa (sorry Herkey)
    5. tOSU
    6. Cornell

I think the scoring looks to be quite close with only a few points separating most of the teams at the top, so the order could almost be picked out of a hat.

It will still need to be decided ont he mat and anything can happen, but this is not a toss-up.
    Penn State will be the odd-on favorite next year. Anything less than a championship will be a big disappointment.