Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Burroughs(2009) vs Kyle Dake(2012)

Default Jordan Burroughs(2009) vs Kyle Dake(2012)

This is a really interesting match up.. who do you guys think would win?
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

Default Re: Jordan Burroughs(2009) vs Kyle Dake(2012)

2009 JB was pretty nasty. Majored Gillespie and housed Poeta who beat returning champ Leen. Dake beat Derek St. John? Not even as dominant as Burroughs was against less credentialed field. I got Burroughs.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Burroughs Burroughs and Burroughs again.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

No Comparison Burroughs
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Burroughs . If JB can penetrate Howe's defense he'd rip through Dake's .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Agreed, Burroughs > Howe > Dake
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

If your talking folkstyle then I would say Burroughs>Dake>Howe. In freestyle I would say Burroughs>Howe>Dake.

ya i was meaning for this to be a folkstyle discussion. burroughs would just break everyone in freestyle lol. i just thought since burroughs had such great offense on his feet and dake has such good d it would just be a really good contrast of styles. i mean dake can ride like crazy but could he ride someone like jb? could he defend that blast double and reshoot to score? would burroughs shut him down early and possbily beat him by 5+ points? would dake possibly get a point or two a head and somehow ride it out? its elite offense vs elite defense. thats how i look at it.
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

Quote Originally Posted by Griffyn "The Wrestler" View Post
    ya i was meaning for this to be a folkstyle discussion. burroughs would just break everyone in freestyle lol. i just thought since burroughs had such great offense on his feet and dake has such good d it would just be a really good contrast of styles. i mean dake can ride like crazy but could he ride someone like jb? could he defend that blast double and reshoot to score? would burroughs shut him down early and possbily beat him by 5+ points? would dake possibly get a point or two a head and somehow ride it out? its elite offense vs elite defense. thats how i look at it.
    It's elite offense v. Good defense. Dakes not impregnable. Kyle has never faced anyone with even a comparable offensive skill set.

Could he ride him? I don't know. I don't know if JB would even fool with going down.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.