Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Burroughs(2009) vs Kyle Dake(2012)

Default Re: Jordan Burroughs(2009) vs Kyle Dake(2012)

true, but mabey its not so much the competition level is low.. mabey dake is just that much better or mabey im way off lol. im a huge jb and kd fan, and i love how burroughs never stops wrestling and i hate how dake gets a few points a head and stalls.. but then again u cant find many high school, college and sometimes even international guys that dont do that. im sure they will wrestle in freestyle eventually considering i think after dake is done with his college season this year he will obviously train freestyle religiously and most likely be able to beat guys like howe and paulson.. thats just my opinion. do i think he would beat burroughs probably not, but i sure as heck think he could give him a run. i mean howe only beat dake 3-1, 1-2, 1-0 and burroughs only beat howe 4-2,1-2,1-0.
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

Dake and Burroughs were training partners for the Olympics I believe, so someone at training camp must have a good idea of how their head to head matches go.

IMO Burroughs would win handily, any style except Greco.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffyn "The Wrestler" View Post
    true, but mabey its not so much the competition level is low.. mabey dake is just that much better or mabey im way off lol. im a huge jb and kd fan, and i love how burroughs never stops wrestling and i hate how dake gets a few points a head and stalls.. but then again u cant find many high school, college and sometimes even international guys that dont do that. im sure they will wrestle in freestyle eventually considering i think after dake is done with his college season this year he will obviously train freestyle religiously and most likely be able to beat guys like howe and paulson.. thats just my opinion. do i think he would beat burroughs probably not, but i sure as heck think he could give him a run. i mean howe only beat dake 3-1, 1-2, 1-0 and burroughs only beat howe 4-2,1-2,1-0.
    Dake bonused a crap ton of people this year...I don't buy the "gets a few points ahead and stalls" thing.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by Griffyn "The Wrestler" View Post
    The competition level is inarguably lower man. Look at the two fields they bested. How do you see Dake scoring? JB was hardly taken down all year(2009) by more elite leg attackers than Dake.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I wish we had an insider (Dart Shark) let us know practice situations between Dake and Burroughs. I don't see how it could be close but if I was to bet on Dake and Taylor.......and we know how that went but Burroughs is the BEST IN THE WORLD in 2012 so who cares about 2009

Ry,
    Good to see you posting again . Your expertise has been greatly missed !! You got any studs hunting titles this year ??
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

15. Jordan Burroughs (Nebraska) Dec Andrew Howe 10-7 -this was the midlands finals a few years ago. The same year JB dominated the field and Howe came back from a serious injury to take 3rd or 4th in the NCAA's .
    3rd place . AH has been 2nd , 1st and 3rd in his 3 years at Wiscy .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Burroughs

I honestly thought dake(2012) vs burroughs(2009) was an interesting subject.. i still do, and what i dont think alot of people are realizing is the fact that im not talking about 2012 olympic/world champion burroughs. im talking about burroughs when he was a 57 pounder in college his junior year. the year before that he lost to brent metcalf 2 or 3 times. obviously he got better but if in my opinion if we were to put even 2009 metcalf on the mat with 2012 dake i honestly think dake would win a close dec. like 5-4 or something like that.. im not even saying dake would beat 2009 burroughs all im saying is it would be an interesting match.
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable