Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 122

Thread: Breakthrough Guy for next year

  1. #46
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Breakthrough Guy for next year

    Triggas will pin everyone ranked under him? While he is a pinner, he's hardly known for his consistency.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  2. #47

    Default Re: Breakthrough Guy for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Ohio State with 6 AA's? Where are they coming from? Stieber, Stieber, Tessari, and...Heflin, maybe? Where are you pulling the other two from? Keep in mind that Heflin is far from a lock, although he did well ton AA last year from the 9 seed, so I have no problems with anyone saying he'll AA. AFter that though...slim pickings. DiJulius/Triggas? Maybe Triggas, but 125 is pretty loaded. Demas/Garcia? Nope. Philips? I'm going to have to see him not go Cody Gardner before I grant that one. Courts? I don't buy that yet. Camp? The other maybe. HWT? No. To my mind, 6 AA's is the best case scenario for Ohio State. How often does that happen?
    My six are Stieber, Stiener, Tessari, Demas, Phillips and Camp. Camp was a match away last year so it isn't a long shot. I can see your hesitation in Phillips and Demas but you're also conviently forgetting that Demas beat St. John last year. (Waiting for your injury excuse as I type). Phillips was a national stud in high school. Probably more so than Tessari and Tessari took 4th, although no one outside of Buckeye Nation gives him credit for it. It was suggested that I was crazy for thinking the 4th place 149er could give the 2nd place 133er a match. Even with the help of his best friend knowing exactly how to beat him. But hey, Hunter Stieber could never beat Kellen Russell either.

  3. #48

    Default Re: Breakthrough Guy for next year

    Stieber, stieber, heflin, tessari, camp all have a good shot. Triggas, phillips, demas will be in the mix but not necessarily favored to. If courts is healthy hes a killer,
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #49
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Breakthrough Guy for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    My six are Stieber, Stiener, Tessari, Demas, Phillips and Camp. Camp was a match away last year so it isn't a long shot. I can see your hesitation in Phillips and Demas but you're also conviently forgetting that Demas beat St. John last year. (Waiting for your injury excuse as I type). Phillips was a national stud in high school. Probably more so than Tessari and Tessari took 4th, although no one outside of Buckeye Nation gives him credit for it. It was suggested that I was crazy for thinking the 4th place 149er could give the 2nd place 133er a match. Even with the help of his best friend knowing exactly how to beat him. But hey, Hunter Stieber could never beat Kellen Russell either.
    LOL at injury excuse. It was his first match in over a month. Than, he got whipped by RJ Pena. Than, you know, he won the Big 10 and took 2nd at NCAA's. Obviously Demas' victory was over him at full strength. Hey, how'd Mr. Demas do at Big 10's? NCAA's? Don't worry, I checked, he was 6th at Big 10's and 1-2 at NCAA's. He won 3 matches total at the two tournaments, and none on the championship side.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  5. #50

    Default Re: Breakthrough Guy for next year

    Those are solid stats. What did you say their head to head score was? And rest assured, if Garcia wins the wrestle off, thats okay. He's the one who beat Evans while I was matside.

  6. #51

    Default Re: Breakthrough Guy for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Those are solid stats. What did you say their head to head score was? And rest assured, if Garcia wins the wrestle off, thats okay. He's the one who beat Evans while I was matside.
    DSJ is just super nervous about that.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  7. #52
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Breakthrough Guy for next year

    Ohio State: Where One Match is More Important Than Every Other Result.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  8. #53

    Default Re: Breakthrough Guy for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Ohio State: Where One Match is More Important Than Every Other Result.
    Hahahaahahahahha
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  9. #54

    Default Re: Breakthrough Guy for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post


    Please don't take this response the wrong way. You are a college wrestler and that is something to be VERY proud of. The time you and your team put in the classroom plus wrestling room is phenominal. With that said......

    The reason PA kids win in your wrestling room is because more of them wrestle DIII. Ohio boys are DI. Michigan boys reign supreme because they may actually have DI talent but no college wants a cancer on their team. Luckily for Metcalf, Iowa was willing to take a chance that he didn't carry any Michigan baggage with him. Or, knowing the Brands attitude, maybe they beat the Michigan out of him while he was in VA. I've seen the show Moonshiners which is filmed in VA. The beating wouldn't be out of the question.
    Not completely sure what you are talking about.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •