Thread: Howe Rev Freshman of the Year

Default Howe Rev Freshman of the Year

It's Unanimous
    Wisconsin's Andrew Howe was the unanimous choice for 2009 Rev Freshman of the Year. Howe compiled a record of 30-5, won a Big Ten title, and finished as the NCAA runner-up at 165 pounds. He received all eight first-place votes and 72 total votes. Minnesota All-American Zach Sanders finished a distant second in the balloting with 33 votes (Photo/Tech-Fall.com).

http://revwrestling.com/articles/486...an-of-the-Year

Default Re: Howe Rev Freshman of the Year

Can't argue for anyone else really.

Quentin Wright maybe should have been second? Impressive thing about him was he's a true freshman (I know Howe is too) and he didn't make PSU at 165 so had to move up to 174 to make the team. (Vallimont ends up moving up to 165 and fails to repeat as AA)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

I seem to remember Wright planning to redshirt all along and coming in at 174 when Irwin went down for the season...

Howe
    Wright
    Sanders

on my scorecard.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Howe was great through the tournament then lost to a wrestler I felt he was superior to in the finals. It was unfortunate, winning the title as an outright freshman would have been something indeed.

How do you think Howe will do over the next few years?

If Dustin bumps up to 163 next year I feel like he could give Andrew some problems.

Not to mention Reader and Lewnes. I felt good about Andrew facing Reader recently because of last years results and I was sadly mistaken.

Then in two years Caldwell could potentially be at 163 (due to his post-match comments from the NCAA's) as well.