Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UNI Panthers

Default Re: UNI Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I like Bonin and I don't really want to bag on him too much but he can beat a guy like Peppleman but lose to guys that shouldn't be lost to. The only way I see him AA'ing this year is if he becomes more consistent.
    Couldn't disagree with the "consistency problem," for sure! A lot of people probably don't recall but he handled Green from Nebraska fairly easily at the end of the season last year in their dual. It was a 1-2 point decision, but the score did not reflect how much Bonin handled him throughout.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

In some ways that win over Green (if he did do it fairly easily) is more impressive than a 1st period fall over Peppelman. You can catch a guy (don't know if that's what happened, but sounds like it) that you might not otherwise beat. But a solid win over Green is impressive. Green is a very good wrestler and looking only to get better. He might need to work on his conditioning a little.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    In some ways that win over Green (if he did do it fairly easily) is more impressive than a 1st period fall over Peppelman. You can catch a guy (don't know if that's what happened, but sounds like it) that you might not otherwise beat. But a solid win over Green is impressive. Green is a very good wrestler and looking only to get better. He might need to work on his conditioning a little.
    It was definitely impressive; one of Bonin's best career wins. He basically just wore him down with constant pressure and Green ran out of gas fairly early.

He more less caught Peppelman in a scramble at NCAAs iirc.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I remember Mark Schwab saying that he pinned him with a Peterson.

Colon was wrestling 139 this offseason, you figure he would at least wrestler at his college weight if he plans to move down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Colon was wrestling 139 this offseason, you figure he would at least wrestler at his college weight if he plans to move down.
    That was a month or so ago, right? If he is going 125, I do know that the decision to do so has been in the past month, as it wasn't the plan a month ago.

In that time, and as much as we know, he could be down to around 130 or so now. If he isn't, though, bigger cuts than that have been made in shorter periods of time!

14 pounds away? Jordan Oliver calls that 12 hours before a dual.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.