Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 157

Default Re: 2007 157

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Hahaha it's funny how much you're reaching on this... AND how you choose to ignore their head-to-head record. AND the fact that Schlatter had a MUCH larger collection of impressive wins. AND their career records. You use a slightly better collection of NCAA performances and say it outweights all of the other "on the mat" information. I'm not going to merit any more of your shallow arguments with a response.

Someone should make a poll: "Who was better: CP Schlatter or Mike Chandler?"
    LOL, I'm reaching? I'm a guy from Florida with no ties to Mike Chandler other then the fact that I like his wrestling style. You are from Ohio (CP's home state) and Lost is from Minnesota and is a Gopher fan (where CP wrestled college). Ask any wrestling coach in the country what matters in NCAA wrestling, and they'll tell you the same thing: It's what happens in March. Head to head means little with deciding who the better overall wrestler is, since a lot of times results like that can be the result of a bad match up. Look at Mark Perry and Johnny Hendricks. I think most would feel that Perry had the superior career, even though Hendricks pounded him overall in the head to head matchups.

March is what matters. In March, Mike Chandler > CP Schlatter.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    They're both wrestlers who wrestled at the same weight in approximately the same time frame, they have the same number of AA finishes....but it's silly to compare the two guys? Yeesh but that sounds arrogant.

Judging talent is an ambiguous and arbitrary affair. What's really the measure of talent? How do you TRULY do that? To me, the best barometer is what happens on the mat (or the field, depending on the sport, etc.). In that measure, Chandler > Schlatter.

To me, physical talent (speed, strength, etc.) isn't necessarily the same thing as wrestling talent. HOw are you arbitrarily measuring talent? Are you awarding "talent points"? How do they stack up, talent-wise?
    On the mat Schlatter was a tier above Chandler and had much more impressive wins, including head to head over Chandler (I'm not sure how many times). Yes their career results are similar in terms of NCAAs but this is not a "who had the better career" arguement.

I'm judging talent on the fact that CP beat multiple national champs and finalists and was seeded top 5 all three of his last three years. How many champs has Chandler beaten? How many national finalists? I dont know of the top of my head, but I cant think of any. Chandler never got a top 5 seed in the four years he competed because he was never a top 5 guy in the country. Yeah he gave Leen and Burroughs great matches this year, but he still lost

No one besides ridiculous homers like you were making noise about Chandler winning a title this year, or last year, or the year before. However CP was considered the favorite by many during his sophmore and junior seasons.
    Gold is an idiot.

LOL, I'm reaching? I'm a guy from Florida with no ties to Mike Chandler other then the fact that I like his wrestling style. You are from Ohio (CP's home state) and Lost is from Minnesota and is a Gopher fan (where CP wrestled college). Ask any wrestling coach in the country what matters in NCAA wrestling, and they'll tell you the same thing: It's what happens in March. Head to head means little with deciding who the better overall wrestler is, since a lot of times results like that can be the result of a bad match up. Look at Mark Perry and Johnny Hendricks. I think most would feel that Perry had the superior career, even though Hendricks pounded him overall in the head to head matchups.

March is what matters. In March, Mike Chandler > CP Schlatter.
    You are trying to turn this discussion into something it clearly is not based off of your huge homeristic tendencies. This isnt about careers (although Chandlers is not any better then CPs anyway) its about talent. CP demonstrated how good he was by beating numerous top tier guys throughout his career, and Chandler did not.
    Gold is an idiot.

Two seasons ago, CP lost to Cyler Sanderson, Ryan Morningstar, Josh Zupancic, Chase Pami, and Mike Poeta. Chandler beat 4 of those 5 guys sometime in the last two years. Chandler also beat Brandon Becker, Matt Lebe (the # 4 seed at Nationals) his frosh year...hmmmm.....
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

I must say I'm impressed by Zapp's quasi-troll job in this thread here. Nearly Adolf-Cobrawell esque if I do say so myself...

Two seasons ago, CP lost to Cyler Sanderson, Ryan Morningstar, Josh Zupancic, Chase Pami, and Mike Poeta. Chandler beat 4 of those 5 guys sometime in the last two years. Chandler also beat Brandon Becker, Matt Lebe (the # 4 seed at Nationals) his frosh year...hmmmm.....
    All of your examples are All Americans, two of them were at his choke job at nationals.

Some of the guys Schlatter has beaten:
    Brandon Becker- 3 Time AA
    Craig Henning- 2 time AA and Finalist
    Trent Paulson- 3 Time AA and Champ
    Gregor Gillespie- 4 time AA and Champ
    Joe johnston- National Finalist
    Michael Chandler- 1x AA
    Mike Poeta- 3x AA and National Finalist
    Bubba Jenkins- National finalist (Yes Bubba was up at 157, but he also MAJORED Chandler that same year)

And thats just off the top of my head. Also Schlatter beat Zupancic at NCAAs in 2007, and beat Morningstar earlier in the year by a convincing margin.
    Gold is an idiot.

Just to give you an idea of how stupid your previous arguement is, when Cp was a Senior (the year you used) Chandler lost to the following people:

Brandon Becker, Cyler Sanderson, Mike Poeta, Tyler Sherfey, Craig Henning, Jordan Leen, and Ryan Morningstar.

CP beat 4 of those 6 people within the last two years.
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    CP beat 4 of those 6 people within the last two years.
    What a spin job stat. He beat none of those guys in the last year.

He beat none of those guys in the last year.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Excellent "point" Mr. Brannigan...