Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I am not excited

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Default I am not excited

Try as I might I just can't get excited about Jordan Rogers, I have seen a couple of his matches and I see him taking a bunch of ill advised shots and he always seems kinda clunky when he wrestles. There is a pretty decent chance he will start at 184 for us (better him then Zach White). But even just watching his Fargo win he won the 1st period through a questionable call and didn't do much to impress me at all. Crutchmer looked really good though.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Default Re: I am not excited

Well,
    Okie State is not known for aggressive wrestling so I doubt he'll take many stupid shots . He'll back up and work the circle like 90% of all Okie wrestlers .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Rogers is tough on the mat too. Thatll serve him well. Jury is still out, he has the talent to be very good. Needs good motivation and coaching.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Could Rogers be the next Garcia? One can only hope. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Could Rogers be the next Garcia? One can only hope. . .
    I look for Garcia to be much improved this year wrestling at his natural weight, 157.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    I look for Garcia to be much improved this year wrestling at his natural weight, 157.
    Throw in that this is the first off-season since he was in high school that he isn't rehabbing from a knee surgery, and he should show a marked improvement. In the two years between high school and last season he barely saw the mat between the two knee surgeries and following rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Demas to the bench?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think my main problem with Rogers is the double knee pads. He looks very still as well though. His younger brother looked much more natural to me, although he did have to take a lung timeout to beat the Oklahoma kid.

Also, I imagine to start Chris Chionuma will be starting at 184 at the beginning of the season at least.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Well,
    Okie State is not known for aggressive wrestling
    While it doesn't really pertain to this thread particularly closely I'd actually disagree with this. Other than Parks, Perry, and Jared Rosholt from a few years ago I'd make the argument that their good guys (meaning All American level) are just as aggressive as any other team's good guys.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12