Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Robles be an NCAA champ?

Default Will Robles be an NCAA champ?

Precin, esco, and t nick are back next year. I don't see him ever beating Nickerson, so unless nickerson goes up(which is a possibility) I don't think he'll have a chance to win until his senior year. I think it will happen though. If he continues to improve the way he did over this year, he really could do it. That would be crazy. What does everyone else think is chances are?

Default Re: Will Robles be an NCAA champ?

I think that he has a hard time beating a quality guy the second time. Precin is an example
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

The 3 days grind on him physically. Try and stay in that cobra-like position on your hands for 7 minutes, it is freakin' hard as hell. Still, it would be an awesome story.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Esco barely beat him last year at the NCAA'S when Angel was healthy -2-0-if you get caught under hin and he gets a wrist lock in you are geting tilted -to the right -to the left and then the really neat one where he headstands over and tilts you -take him down and escape off the whistle and he s beatable -I've watched Zoetaway wrestle a lot and no one just treated him like a 7th grader like Robles did.
    I would like to see him win it just as an inspirational story .

Senior year I could see it happening. I agree, not this coming year
    Gold is an idiot.

Whomever, will need to find a way to avoid the Robles Tilt when he's on top. He's proven he can rack up 9 back points as quick as anyone with that tilt.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Whomever, will need to find a way to avoid the Robles Tilt when he's on top. He's proven he can rack up 9 back points as quick as anyone with that tilt.

I noticed against Sanders, Robles chose bottom.

I don't think that he will get a title. There are just too many good wrestlers out there and he's not quite to that level. I would love to see it. He is one of my favorite guys to watch and the story would be incredible but that is a pretty steep mountain to climb.

Don't think so, I don't see how he could really improve anything technique wise in order to get over that hump. The best guys will always be able to figure out how to overcome his awkwardness and strength and find ways to beat him.
    That said, helluva job getting as far as he did (and will).