Thread: 2x NCAA Champion Jake Herbert to Join Overtime School of Wrestling ? Crystal Lake Staff

Default 2x NCAA Champion Jake Herbert to Join Overtime School of Wrestling ? Crystal Lake Staff

http://overtimewrestling.com/<wbr>archives/herbert.htm

2x NCAA Champion Jake Herbert to Join Overtime School of Wrestling ? Crystal Lake Staff

<table align="right" border="0" width="250" cellpadding="9" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td></td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    Jake Herbert defeated Mike Pucillo of Ohio State to earn his second NCAA title at the 2009 NCAA Championships. Photos by Danielle Hobeika/Amateur Wrestling Photos
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> </tr> </tbody></table> Jake Herbert, a two time NCAA champion at Northwestern University, will be joining the Overtime School of Wrestling's staff in Crystal Lake, Illinois on Tuesday, April 14, 2009.

Herbert is no stranger to the Overtime School of Wrestling. Jake has been working with the Overtime staff since he began his wrestling career at Northwestern, and attributes a lot of his success on the mat to his training at Overtime.

Jake Herbert's wrestling accolades are numerous. Aside from his two NCAA titles, he is a 4x NCAA All-American, 3x NCAA finalist, 3x Big Ten Champion, 3x Midlands Champion, and was named Rev Wrestling's 2009 Wrestler of the Year. His cumulative career record of 149-4 is the highest winning percentage in Northwestern history, with none of his losses coming from dual meet matches.

Herbert took an Olympic Redshirt Year during the 2007-2008 season to try out for the US Olympic Team in freestyle wrestling. Over the course of last year, he amassed a series of International titles, including winning gold medals at the Dave Schultz Memorial International, the Hargobind International, and becoming the University National Champion and Outstanding Wrestler. In addition, he earned a silver medal at the Sunkist International Open. Jake also owns two University World Bronze Medals.

?I am really excited to have the privilege of working on and with the Overtime staff,? says Herbert. ?I look forward to continue working with them in hopes of achieving my goal of becoming a World and Olympic Champion. I also look forward to helping Overtime to further advance our sport. I would like to have the same impact on Overtime and its wrestlers as Overtime has had on me.?

Default Re: 2x NCAA Champion Jake Herbert to Join Overtime School of Wrestling ? Crystal Lake Staff

Nice hire
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Default Re: 2x NCAA Champion Jake Herbert to Join Overtime School of Wrestling ? Crystal Lake Staff

Overtime is based in Crystal Lake? I thought it was Naperville for some reason, Crystal Lake is a bit out there in terms of the greater Chicago area. Then again so is Naperville, so I guess it doesn't matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Overtime is based in Crystal Lake? I thought it was Naperville for some reason, Crystal Lake is a bit out there in terms of the greater Chicago area. Then again so is Naperville, so I guess it doesn't matter...
    There 2 locations, the main location in Naperville and a 2nd location in Crystal Lake was started this summer so that the kids out in that area didn't have to travel as far for practice. It's inside Jeff Curran's MMA gym. see www.overtimewrestling.com for details.