Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Apparel question

Default Re: Wrestling Apparel question

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenFan View Post
    Question about Logan Storley's wrestling gear during B1G's and NCAA's...

The "leggings", or whatever they're called, that he wore does not conform to the Uniform and Equipment rules, at least what I could find. I have nothing at all against them, just curious if anyone can come up with a rules variation that applies. Here's what's written in the rulebook...

Singlet. A singlet covering the upper torso shall not be cut away in excess of the uniform pictured in Illustration Nos. 1, 2 and 3. Specifically, the front and back of the singlet shall not be cut lower than the armpit. Under the arms, the singlet shall not be cut lower than half the distance between the armpit and the belt-line. The outermost garment shall have a minimum inseam length of 4 inches and shall not extend beyond the topof the knees.and

Spandex/lycra. The shirt shall be a T-shirt style form-fitted, sleeveless or short-sleeved and shall not cover or extend beyond the elbow. In addition, the length of the shirt must be longer than the torso to
    prevent the shirt from becoming untucked. The shirt shall remain tucked into the shorts at all times during competition. The shorts shall be formfitting with a minimum 4-inch inseam and shall not extend beyond the top of the knees.

THANKS!!
    You missed the uniform section: "1.12.1 uniform The uniform shall consist of either a one-piece singlet that may be worn with or without full-length tights, or a spandex/lycra-type shirt and shorts."

The real issue is if the leggings were illegally concealing a skin condition.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    If you got a skin condition, I'd rather you go ahead and wear the leggings. But that's just me. I don't like picking scabs and such.

I'd rather not wrestle you at all if you have a contagious skin condition. Who's to say the girly tights won't rip during the match?
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I'd rather not wrestle you at all if you have a contagious skin condition. Who's to say the girly tights won't rip during the match?
    Quit tryin' to rip my pants, sicko!!

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

I don't think leggings have been banned in college yet. They are still worn in high school, I went through a phase where I wore them. I know they aren't allowed internationally.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    If you got a skin condition, I'd rather you go ahead and wear the leggings. But that's just me. I don't like picking scabs and such.
    Flip side, leggings can provide some barrier protection from an infected wrestler, though I wouldn't rely on leggings for that purpose..
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

my freshman year in high school our student mgr. washed our tights , singlets and towels together and everything turned PINK !! Our coach went to the varsity and we wore BD purple and white for the first time ! Back in the early 70's freshman were NOT allowed to compete at high school level.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    You missed the uniform section: "1.12.1 uniform The uniform shall consist of either a one-piece singlet that may be worn with or without full-length tights, or a spandex/lycra-type shirt and shorts."

Indeed, I did miss 1.12.1...thanks!! The rest of the discussion from everyone was enlightening also!!

skin conditions are usually checked at weigh-ins, "leggings" would not be used to conceal a skin condition, hopefully..