Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: good story

Default good story

My wife works at her sisters wedding dress/tux store from time to time. The other day Nick Gallicks party was there getting fit for tux's. My wife saw all the cauliflower and asked them if they were wrestlers. They all said they wrestled for Iowa State. It was Nate and Nick Gallick, Zabriskie, Mitch Mueller and Joe Curran. (those are the ones she could remember names of anyway). She told them how her husband is a big wrestling fan but he's a hawkeye. She continued to tell them how the only wrestler she can remember is Brent Metcalf. They all started laughing at that...except Mueller. They were not suprised that Metcalf was the only one she knew but Mueller wasn't really amused by it.

I got a kick out of that one.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Default Re: good story

That's a cool story. But it sounds to me like you need to do more name dropping. She doesn't know McDonough? Or even your boy Ramos? Communication is important in a marriage Herkey. The only way to salvage this wedded bliss is to constantly talk Hawkeye wrestling until she knows the starting lineup and can recommend who should step in if an injury occurs. Otherwise she will feel shut out.

^^^Mueller's face in cat form

I was originally going to make this a domestic violence picture, but I thought that might be too far.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    That's a cool story. But it sounds to me like you need to do more name dropping. She doesn't know McDonough? Or even your boy Ramos? Communication is important in a marriage Herkey. The only way to salvage this wedded bliss is to constantly talk Hawkeye wrestling until she knows the starting lineup and can recommend who should step in if an injury occurs. Otherwise she will feel shut out.
    Quinn, I talk about wrestling all the time. She just doesn't listen to me.

Perfect Delivery, Zapp.

Herkey, I suggest taking your wife to the matches with you, these days, watch B10 network coverage with her. At first, my wife appreciated the athleticism and really enjoyed the, ummm, view. Phil Davis dropping the top half of his singlet once he got off the mat really helped. Now, is is just about as rabid a fan as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Perfect Delivery, Zapp.

Herkey, I suggest taking your wife to the matches with you, these days, watch B10 network coverage with her. At first, my wife appreciated the athleticism and really enjoyed the, ummm, view. Phil Davis dropping the top half of his singlet once he got off the mat really helped. Now, is is just about as rabid a fan as I am.
    She's been to many duals with me in Ames. She's seen all of them wrestle except Nate and Joe. I think she just goes for the Clone Cone.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I think she just goes for the Clone Cone.
    As a guy who has never been to Ames, please clarify what the Clone Cone is. It doesn't sound like something I'd want my wife going for if I had anything to say about it.

Theyre pretty good. Yellow and red ice cream. I usually have one too but I can watch wrestling and eat ice cream at the same time.

Ice cream cones at a wrestling meet? I don't eat ice cream so maybe I've missed that trend, but I don't ever remember anyone at a Buckeye match or any HS match having ice cream cones either. I could be wrong, but that sounds like an Iowa State thing. Do the Hawkeyes offer ice cream cones?