Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eggum Confirms David Thorn going to 125

Default Eggum Confirms David Thorn going to 125

Intermat had an interview with Eggum that confirmed Thorn is committing to moving himself down to 125 and that he was a light 133 lb'er in 2012. With Thorn in at 125 and Schiller at 197 for MN, I like MN's dual line-up and I'm hoping we can find SOMEBODY to fill in at 157. With Wade and Molinaro graduating, can MN close the gap? Will tOSU, MN, PSU and Iowa all finish Top 4 at Nationals?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: Eggum Confirms David Thorn going to 125

Apparently I was the last person to the rodeo on this one. Evidently this ISN'T breaking news.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

This does give MN a very solid team up and down the lineup. Could this be another MN team that wins the title without an NCAA champion? (I know they have a defending champ at Hwt, but with all the guys coming back there plus a possible healthy Gelogaev, I don't think Nelson would be the favorite).

All I know is I spent some time with Thorn at NCAA's and he told me then he was going to try and make the cut to 125. He also told me he walks around at about 143lbs so he wasn't confident he would feel good at 125.

Interested to see him at the weight. There were a couple of Minnesota fans on TOm proclaiming Matt McDonough's impending doom when news of this move first started circulating. That's a little bit hilarious, but the kid is tough and a talent. If the cut's not terrible, no reason he can't be on the stand.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Anytime you are talking double digit % BMI loss that is a tough pull..
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

People are saying that Thorn not only is making the cut but looking very good. I've been a skeptic so this is very good news.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Always going to root for the Thorns to do well. Watching him during the early part of the year last year he was further along (at least in my opinion) than Mike was at that point.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

I walk around in the high 130's on a bad day and I feel like I can make 125 next season easily, Thorn should be fine at that weight. I have always been a slightly undercover Minnesota fan, my father would kill me though and bring up Konrad and Mocco.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth