Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bo Jordan

Default Re: Bo Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Thanks, Quinn. I'm assuming that Jim Jordan and Jeff Jordan are unrelated.
    Brothers, both 4x Ohio state champs, and back in the days when that wasn't something that happened every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Brothers, both 4x Ohio state champs, and back in the days when that wasn't something that happened every year.
    Obviously my memory of the Jordans is a bit lacking. I do remember Jim Jordan. Who did Jeff wrestle for and how did he do in college?

In the two years following Jim's second title for Wisconsin, brother Jeff put up two 4th place finishes for the Badgers.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Thanks, LkwdSteve! So, Bo will be breaking tradition from both side of the brothers' family (Jim & Jeff's).

John Smith is clearly USA's top all-time freestyler (in my book at least). It's interesting that he only won 2 NCAA titles. His sophomore season as you noted (I had forgotten he lost to Jordan) and his freshman season. I was at the 1984 NCAA's when he was the #2 seed as a freshman and lost either first or second round (I believe it was first round) to Rocky Bonomo (twin brother of 3-time NCAA champ Ricky Bonomo of Bloomsburg). You would think that a 6-time world champ would win more than 2 NCAA titles.
    Baumgartner only won one title.
    David Schultz won one title
    Those two guys along with Kemp and Smith are in the top 4 of U.S. FS wrestlers in my book.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by TLV View Post
    Baumgartner only won one title.
    David Schultz won one title
    Those two guys along with Kemp and Smith are in the top 4 of U.S. FS wrestlers in my book.
    That's certainly true. But I guess Smith's freestyle career record is way ahead of anyone else's (in my book--6 consecutive world championships!). To have that many world titles I would have thought he would have been at least a 3-timer. But your point is well taken that some people show their greatest talent later on in freestyle. Still, it's an interesting fact about Smith's career.

That's certainly true. But I guess Smith's freestyle career record is way ahead of anyone else's (in my book--6 consecutive world championships!). To have that many world titles I would have thought he would have been at least a 3-timer. But your point is well taken that some people show their greatest talent later on in freestyle. Still, it's an interesting fact about Smith's career.
    Agree. Some guys mature later than others. Baumgartner won 4 Olympic Medals: 2 Gold, a Silver and a Bronze.....and he didn't lose to an American for 12 straight years. Pretty amazing. Also amazing that Smith won his first Gold medal in the World Championships while still in college!
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

So, Bo will be breaking tradition from both side of the brothers' family (Jim & Jeff's).
    Yes he will, that's why I was so surprised to read he was going to go to tOSU. I think it just may have a big, positive impact on Buckeye wrestling, too. When kids see someone like Bo choose tOSU, they may give it a closer look. We may be able to keep some more Graham boys in state.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Yes he will, that's why I was so surprised to read he was going to go to tOSU. I think it just may have a big, positive impact on Buckeye wrestling, too. When kids see someone like Bo choose tOSU, they may give it a closer look. We may be able to keep some more Graham boys in state.
    Yes, it's been so long since Tosu landed a good recruit..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.