Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Oliver seems to struggle just a little bit when the pressure is on.
    Agree, and especially against guys who are stronger wrestlers on their feet. He seemed to shut down a bit in this match and the match with Ramos. Wrestling not to lose in both cases. I agree Stieber looks like he is going to be around at the next level for quite a while but talent and potential-wise I think Oliver is better guy, just seems to be a slight issue with pressure sometimes. I think in his finals match against Hochstrasser 2 years ago it looked like he was confident that he could take him down almost at will so he wrestled his regular match. In the matches he lost last season you can see it on his face when he got into the thick of the battle, it's an "oh $hit" or "I gotta take a $hit" kind of look.

Arm-spin, do you think he also shut it down a touch in his junior worlds match that he lost, or was he just outclassed due to the relative experience differences in freestyle?

Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

60 kg freestyle Aghahuseyn Mustafayev (Azerbaijan) dec. Jordan Oliver (USA) - YouTube

I had to watch the match again. It was close, could have gone either way. Oliver looked like he was active but not fully commited to an attack, common strategy for freestyle.

If he wants to be sucessful at the next (international) level he better learn to win the close ones, because at that level most of them are close.