Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 20

Thread: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

  1. #10

    Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I dont think thats a fair comparison to Logan, who only lost 2 matches(right?) all year. J had periods where he wasnt .500. I dont see Logan having the regular season struggles J did.
    Agreed.

    Jaggers had a period of time during his senior year where he was winless for an entire month.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  2. #11
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

    Logan Stieber is more of a Logan Stieber a RS Freshman who comes in wrestles pretty good during the season then breaks my heart beating the national champ with a questionable call.

    Fun Fact of the day, my assistant wrestling coach was wrestling partners with J Jaggers when they were both at Chanel High School (Where my Head Coach was the first ever head wrestling coach in that school's history)
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  3. #12

    Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    Logan Stieber is more of a Logan Stieber a RS Freshman who comes in wrestles pretty good during the season then breaks my heart beating the national champ with a questionable call.

    Fun Fact of the day, my assistant wrestling coach was wrestling partners with J Jaggers when they were both at Chanel High School (Where my Head Coach was the first ever head wrestling coach in that school's history)
    Questionable indeed. Looking at the replay, it does appear that Oliver's head was buried but in my opinion that gets called a td during a regular season match, or really anytime other than in the title match with 5 seconds left.

    I'm guessing your coach took a few lumps in practice but came out all the better for it.

  4. #13
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Questionable indeed. Looking at the replay, it does appear that Oliver's head was buried but in my opinion that gets called a td during a regular season match, or really anytime other than in the title match with 5 seconds left.

    I'm guessing your coach took a few lumps in practice but came out all the better for it.
    I agree: it was a questionable call, but not a terrible call. It could have gone either way, but in the end Oliver did not do enough to win the match.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

    I know I'm getting nit picky here, but I am a Buckeye and Stieber fan, so I'm allowed. There was no call. There can't be a questionable call when no call was made. The only way it could have been a questionable call is if the ref actually made a call. Much like the questionable call in the McIntosh vs Campolattono match a few weeks earlier. So, I would say that Oliver's decision to wait so long to shoot was the only questionable call someone made.

  6. #15

    Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I know I'm getting nit picky here, but I am a Buckeye and Stieber fan, so I'm allowed. There was no call. There can't be a questionable call when no call was made. The only way it could have been a questionable call is if the ref actually made a call. Much like the questionable call in the McIntosh vs Campolattono match a few weeks earlier. So, I would say that Oliver's decision to wait so long to shoot was the only questionable call someone made.
    The more I've watched it and mulled it over, the more I don't believe it was 2. I've been wrestling since then and ended up in similar situation, and really until the guys head is out, it's not 2.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    The more I've watched it and mulled it over, the more I don't believe it was 2. I've been wrestling since then and ended up in similar situation, and really until the guys head is out, it's not 2.
    I also agree with the ref's call, as his head was buried pretty deep. At the time I thought he was robbed but the replay does help and it was the correct call. I was saying it was questionable because (in my opinion) refs will call that a takedown in just about every other situation other than a title match with seconds left on the clock. I think that Oliver's inaction after he got in on Stieber's legs like that backs this up; he is used to being given the '2' when he gets that far in. Or maybe he was just trying to sell it, I don't know.

  8. #17
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

    JO did jack shxt for 6:50 seconds -Steiber deserved the win.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  9. #18

    Default Re: Is Stieber another J Jaggers?

    hijack alert...

    I just watched the match for the first time. The next time the neverending debate that folkstyle is better than freestyle comes up because folkstyle has control, I'm bringing up this match. Not sure how standing behind someone (first JO takedown) and laying on your stomach while someone has you in a front headlock (last second action) aren't terribly "controlling". This match also seems like a textbook case for video review.

    Based on the original topic, I think Stiever is just that good. He has already placed high at the jr worlds and the Olympic trials, and has beaten the current 55 kg Olympian. Oliver seems to struggle just a little bit when the pressure is on.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •