Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barry Davis Contract Extended Through 2015

Default Re: Barry Davis Contract Extended Through 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    And as a personal opinion note, I was originally impressed with Dake's win and felt it was a pretty complete domination. Now that DC got me to watch it again, I am now back to really wondering how it would go with folkstyle rules. Here are some of the reasons why I wonder: 1) Dake definitely was hanging on in the neutral position, so a stall call might have been possible. 2) Taylor would have tried to finish that differently in folk wrestling (no pushout for points). 3) The pin was super fast (correct in FS, but nowhere near a pin in folk.)
    That's pretty much how I saw it. After Taylor got the leg, he looked to be going for a pushout. In folkstyle, he wouldn't have done that. I also think that Dake would have just stepped out and taken a restart instead of going for such a low percentage counter. I may be wrong about that, but it just seemed to me that he went for it because he figured he was going to get pushed out for the point anyway, so why not try something. Even if it didn't work he would have only given up the same 1pt he would have if he got pushed out. It was a very smart FS move.

With all of that said, I still predict a Taylor win in folk, but I'm less sure about it than I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Actually what I said was Taylor wouldn't be able to ankle pick Dake. Taylor got pinned attempting one. I also made the comment that Taylor would have a hard time taking Dake down, and he didn't take him down at all, and then I chose Dake. All factually accurate.

Now that that is straight I apologize to the Forum for being a trolling moron. It won't happen again. DC
    Its not accurate to say taylor got pinned attempting an ankle pick imo. Apology accepted.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I, for one, accept your apology. I say this in hopes that you all will accept my apology next year after the Buckeyes win the title. I have plans of trolling more than one thread!!
    Lord help us.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Glad I could help!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Ok, I will look forward to that final promise. I'd appreciate that commitment from everyone!

I want to get back to the wrestling specific part of this, ummm, discussion:
    You said he got pinned while attempting an ankle pick. I'd say he successfully picked the ankle, had it in the air and was then trying to finish off the single. Now maybe this is semantics and maybe it isn't, but I'm making a (weak attempt) at bringing this back to wrestling.

Was it the ankle pick or the single finish that got him?

And as a personal opinion note, I was originally impressed with Dake's win and felt it was a pretty complete domination. Now that DC got me to watch it again, I am now back to really wondering how it would go with folkstyle rules. Here are some of the reasons why I wonder: 1) Dake definitely was hanging on in the neutral position, so a stall call might have been possible. 2) Taylor would have tried to finish that differently in folk wrestling (no pushout for points). 3) The pin was super fast (correct in FS, but nowhere near a pin in folk.)

So DC, thank for making me feel better about Taylor. I didn't expect you to do that for me.