Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Davis Contract Extended Through 2015

Default Re: Barry Davis Contract Extended Through 2015

[/QUOTE]I guess were even then for making bad predictions! DC[QUOTE]
    Im just going to put this out there: You dont know as much as me.
    Last edited by vaisforlovers; 05-01-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

VAIS, through your 8,047, soon to be 8,048 posts you have amazed us all with your wealth and breadth of knowledge on most topics. On some topics, not so much! DC

I guess were even then for making bad predictions! DC
    Im just going to put this out there: You dont know as much as me.

Nobody knew your stance on DT v. Dake until AFTER the fact. my predictions are nearly flawless afterwards as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    my predictions are nearly flawless afterwards as well.
    That's pretty impressive. Even after the fact I'm only 50/50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Although I did not make a prediction on this particular thread, as exhibit A, I refer you to another thread where my position was pretty well laid out and pretty well right on!

http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/coll...xt-year-5.html

Nobody knew your stance on DT v. Dake until AFTER the fact. my predictions are nearly flawless afterwards as well.

I appreciate you digging that one up, so lets break it down.

In that thread you basically chose both guys saying conventional wisdom was dt, but you took dake.

You completely clowned everyone and acted like a complete ass to anyone who ever said DT had a chance against Dake after he won. So even though you found a way to hedge and say either could win, you ridiculed every post on an e tire thread of anybody who picked Dt.

By definition I think that makes you a trolling moron.
    Last edited by vaisforlovers; 05-02-2012 at 05:29 AM.

Actually what I said was Taylor wouldn't be able to ankle pick Dake. Taylor got pinned attempting one. I also made the comment that Taylor would have a hard time taking Dake down, and he didn't take him down at all, and then I chose Dake. All factually accurate.

Now that that is straight I apologize to the Forum for being a trolling moron. It won't happen again. DC

I appreciate you digging that one up, so lets break it down.

In that thread you basically chose both guys saying conventional wisdom was dt, but you took dake.

You completely clowned everyone and acted like a complete ass to anyone who ever said DT had a chance against Dake after he won. So even though you found a way to hedge and say either could win, you ridiculed every post on an e tire thread of anybody who picked Dake.

By definition I think that makes you a trolling moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Actually what I said was Taylor wouldn't be able to ankle pick Dake. Taylor got pinned attempting one. I also made the comment that Taylor would have a hard time taking Dake down, and he didn't take him down at all, and then I chose Dake. All factually accurate.

Now that that is straight I apologize to the Forum for being a trolling moron. It won't happen again. DC
    Ok, I will look forward to that final promise. I'd appreciate that commitment from everyone!

I want to get back to the wrestling specific part of this, ummm, discussion:
    You said he got pinned while attempting an ankle pick. I'd say he successfully picked the ankle, had it in the air and was then trying to finish off the single. Now maybe this is semantics and maybe it isn't, but I'm making a (weak attempt) at bringing this back to wrestling.

Was it the ankle pick or the single finish that got him?

And as a personal opinion note, I was originally impressed with Dake's win and felt it was a pretty complete domination. Now that DC got me to watch it again, I am now back to really wondering how it would go with folkstyle rules. Here are some of the reasons why I wonder: 1) Dake definitely was hanging on in the neutral position, so a stall call might have been possible. 2) Taylor would have tried to finish that differently in folk wrestling (no pushout for points). 3) The pin was super fast (correct in FS, but nowhere near a pin in folk.)

So DC, thank for making me feel better about Taylor. I didn't expect you to do that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    I, for one, accept your apology. I say this in hopes that you all will accept my apology next year after the Buckeyes win the title. I have plans of trolling more than one thread!!