Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minny=2010 National Champs

Default Re: Minny=2010 National Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    He wrestled 197 last year. Is he really that small?
    yes, watch him wrestle sometime and its pretty clear he is in the wrong weight class.

I think he is definitely a top 15 guy at 174 and might be able to contend for AA honors next year.
    Gold is an idiot.

Sonny Yohn will be one of the most improved wrestlers in the country next year...IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by kdiddy1979 View Post
    Keep in mind that although J likes to have freshmen redshirt he will put one in the line-up right away if he believes the kid can compete and solidify the line-up so the wild card at 174 is incoming freshman Alec Ortiz.
    I'm very excited to see Alec come in and start doing his thing, but he just got beat handily by a high school 171 in the Dapper Dan.

He isn't even remotely big enough to even think about 174 in the Big 10 next year especially when there are already options like a Cody Yohn, or a bumped up Glasser.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    yes, watch him wrestle sometime and its pretty clear he is in the wrong weight class.

I think he is definitely a top 15 guy at 174 and might be able to contend for AA honors next year.
    Pretty sure that in a Flo interview that Biondo said that he initially had trouble getting down to 184, I just can't see him dropping another weight class...

In another Flo interview Mario Mason didn't sound like he was having a lot of fun making 149 and was wrestling 157 by the end of the year. Still, I don't think he has much of a choice for his first year...

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I'm very excited to see Alec come in and start doing his thing, but he just got beat handily by a high school 171 in the Dapper Dan.

He isn't even remotely big enough to even think about 174 in the Big 10 next year especially when there are already options like a Cody Yohn, or a bumped up Glasser.
    I agree with you, it is likely to be the last option but all I am trying to say is that 174 will have a lot of different wrestlers vying for the one spot which will make the team better, overall.

I saw Ortiz take a loss but I not going to count it as something to be concerned about, he'll be fine and he'll have the Gopher wrestling room to make him even better.

I have no doubt about Alec's skills or how the Gopher room will help him expand upon them.

My doubts, as I said in my original post are about his size.