Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 63

Thread: Wrestling Where Wrestling is the National Sport

  1. #19

    Default Re: Wrestling Where Wrestling is the National Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    So which one was the winner, the champ or challenger?
    The challenger (Balla Gaye 2) won. Youth over experience in this case. Balla Gaye 2 is 26 and Yekini is 38.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Wrestling Where Wrestling is the National Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    fixed it
    I'm offering to set Herkey up with those guys (pretty good money!). If Herkey wants to take them both on at once he may need a partner. Would you be willing to join Herkey in taking them on? I think you two would make a great team!!

  3. #21

    Default Re: Wrestling Where Wrestling is the National Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    You might get a pretty good pay off. The 2 wrestlers EACH got 100 million CFA, which works out to about $200,000 for the match. Not bad when the average annual income here is about $700/year!
    Sounds like outrageous athlete contracts aren't just an American thing.

  4. #22

    Default Re: Wrestling Where Wrestling is the National Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I'm offering to set Herkey up with those guys (pretty good money!). If Herkey wants to take them both on at once he may need a partner. Would you be willing to join Herkey in taking them on? I think you two would make a great team!!
    I'm gonna need to pick my own partner if were doing this in doubles. Maybe the guy that threw Chris Taylor is available.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  5. #23

    Default Re: Wrestling Where Wrestling is the National Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Sounds like outrageous athlete contracts aren't just an American thing.
    Actually I got the figures wrong--those were for a previous championship match. Yekini (the loser got 200 million CFA=$400,000) and Balla Gaye2 got 270 million = $540,000!! That's an obscene amount of money for this country. Shows how much value they put on wrestling! It takes most of us at least 3 or 4 months to make that kind of money!!

  6. #24

    Default Re: Wrestling Where Wrestling is the National Sport

    That's a huge amount of money for what essentially is a takedown!
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  7. #25

    Default Re: Wrestling Where Wrestling is the National Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Actually I got the figures wrong--those were for a previous championship match. Yekini (the loser got 200 million CFA=$400,000) and Balla Gaye2 got 270 million = $540,000!! That's an obscene amount of money for this country. Shows how much value they put on wrestling! It takes most of us at least 3 or 4 months to make that kind of money!!
    Shoot, it takes me 3 or 4 months to earn the $700 that the rest of the countrymen make.

  8. #26

    Default Re: Wrestling Where Wrestling is the National Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    That's a huge amount of money for what essentially is a takedown!
    You're not a kidding. Maybe some US wrestlers should come over here.

  9. #27

    Default Re: Wrestling Where Wrestling is the National Sport

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I'm offering to set Herkey up with those guys (pretty good!). If Herkey wants to take them both on at once he may need a partner. Would you be willing to join Herkey in taking them on? I think you two would make a great team!!
    Tom for 200k I'll be Herkey's partner. I've had my @ss kicked for a lot less than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •