Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida

Default Re: Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I understand that most people do the opposite. But most poeple let the weather dictate where they live, not the wrestling season.

I just visited Miami and if you speak english you are in the minority, at least where I was. Others weren't all speaking spanish either. It's like a melting pot down there.

It's interesting that you brought up Port St Lucie. We got off the turnpike there to hit a restroom and had a discussion about how to pronounce the name. Is it Lucy or Luchie? And just an FYI to others that are going to dive on the Ronald Reagan Turnpike...It wll cost you approx $16 to drive from Miami to Orlando and the toll lady doesn't like it if you don't have the exact change. Oh, and the airport in Orlando is encirlcled by toll roads so you have to pay to get to it. There's no getting around it. I hate toll roads.
    HERK,
    About 20 years ago DADE County schools flew me down for an interview for an English teaching position. On the taxi ride to the school I thought I was in Beirut . Burned out cars and crack dealers on every corner and NO ONE spoke English .I declined the position.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

3 guys from South Dade HS in Olympic Trials. Earl Hall one of them.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I'd say you'd have to be pretty tough to survive in that area .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    If Herkey moves in too I think we've got the basis for a very interesting reality tv show.
    I know Herkey has already said that he wants no part of it, but I'd like to express my complete and whole-hearted support for this idea. The world needs this show. Brilliant idea, Burnsie.

I ain't all that photogenic ...

I'd only do it if I could do behind the scenes testemonials. I'd love to burn bridges and not let any of them know about it until they watched the show when it was all over.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

I'd only do it if I could do behind the scenes testemonials. I'd love to burn bridges and not let any of them know about it until they watched the show when it was all over.
    Ha ha! We really need to make this happen. I envision you blaring GnR, Payton yelling at you to turn it down, while downstairs kr and ban are locked in simultaneous choke holds while arguing the government's role in our personal lives. I see Spider making a cameo in the background where the camera just shows him shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head.

The show needs a name, though. Something inspired by wrestling. What would the name be?

Lutte pronounced Loot che

My coach was a mexican american spanish teacher. About the only thing he taught me,
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I understand that most people do the opposite. But most poeple let the weather dictate where they live, not the wrestling season.

I just visited Miami and if you speak english you are in the minority, at least where I was. Others weren't all speaking spanish either. It's like a melting pot down there.

It's interesting that you brought up Port St Lucie. We got off the turnpike there to hit a restroom and had a discussion about how to pronounce the name. Is it Lucy or Luchie? And just an FYI to others that are going to dive on the Ronald Reagan Turnpike...It wll cost you approx $16 to drive from Miami to Orlando and the toll lady doesn't like it if you don't have the exact change. Oh, and the airport in Orlando is encirlcled by toll roads so you have to pay to get to it. There's no getting around it. I hate toll roads.
    You might be a 1st in Florida upon having the WR season dictate your living quarters!

I have done trade shows in Miami for 12 years. You have to learn your pitch in Spanish if you want to make the big bucks otherwise you could miss out on 60% of your sales.

The locals say Lucy. I have not ever heard it pronounced any other way & I have been there many times. My Aunt & Uncle used to live in Jupiter (no not the planet) a small town north of West Palm Beach. That is an area I really like a lot.

To avoid the Turnpike next time take I-75 to the I-10 go east to Jacksonville & take the I-95. However you might find you added 3 hours to your drive time & the $16 in additional gas costs. You can also take the Turnpike to State Road 60 (SR-60) & cut across to I-95 at Yeehaw Junction (I kid you not look it up on the map!) Then your trip in the turnpike will only cost you $4.

If you come to Florida regularly you may want to get a SunPass. It is small electronic device the size of wallet that allows you to prepay your tolls. When you go through toll boths you can drive through & the Sunpass will automatically debit the money you have on account. Saves a lot of time & the unnecessary need to keep "schrapnel" around. You can get them from the FL DOT.

You can get around the toll roads: Walt Disney World Resort to Orlando International Airport - Google Maps you just have to do it ALL on local roads. It only adds 2 miles on this example from Disney World to MCO BUT it is probably double the time. You just have to ask google maps to show you the pedestrian & bicycle route.