Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Florida

Default Re: Florida

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I know that he didn't but he DID question as to whether or not xyz's (or whatever his username is) post was bigoted by referring to Florida being "full of Cubans."

Now, how could Herkey find that to be "debatable," yet when I mentioned my dad's views, those were clearly "bigoted," as Herkey said?

Got it now?
    ZZ only said that "Florida is full of Cubans." You actually explained and gave examples of how your father is a bigot. ZZ's remarks were not clear, your remarks were crystal clear.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    ZZ only said that "Florida is full of Cubans." You actually explained and gave examples of how your father is a bigot. ZZ's remarks were not clear, your remarks were crystal clear.
    Ok. Maybe my copying and pasting it with some clarification can help you out.

"Florida is too humid, is full of Cubans, full of crime, and a generally dirty place only cleaned on occasions because Hurricanes blow the trash away. Stay in Iowa where decent people live and wrestling is worth watching."

In one sentence, he mentions how Florida, overall, is not a very good place. He states that it's too humid, generally dirty, lots of trash, and that staying in Iowa is a better choice. HOWEVER, the fact that Florida is full of Cubans is a good thing though, as that is very easy to deduce from his overall sentence. Funny how he didn't say something to the tune of, "However, the fact that Florida is full of Cubans is a good thing," rather than include his statement with all of the other negatives about Florida.

Now, Russ, who's trying to start an argument? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

not me -I suffer fools gladly.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Never been there but have always wanted to. Someday before I kick the bucket, my wife and I will make the trip. I would assume winters are very cold and the summer is very beautiful. I heard the wrestling sucks though.
    If you can save up the money, you could even take a cruise with one of the Scandavian cruise lines. If you go, you've got to go up country and see the fjords--very impressive!!