Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perry vs Taylor

Default Perry vs Taylor

I cant help myself thinking of matches i would of liked to seen . Mark Perry at 165 a former 2xer at folkstyle against David Taylor . Could Perry stop Taylor ultra aggressive style and could Taylor handle the funk Perry would bring . Interesting match . What do you think ?

Default Re: Perry vs Taylor

David Taylor is an upgrade over Perry in all positions. Taylor is also a phenomenal scrambler, so Perry would possibly have an advantage in no aspects of this match. DT all day.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I see this match much closer like a 9-8 score . Perry was no slouch and if i remember correctley he majored or tech falled most of his opponents . Perry has a chance and i dont think Taylor has ever faced anyone with his funk.......

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    David Taylor is an upgrade over Perry in all positions. Taylor is also a phenomenal scrambler, so Perry would possibly have an advantage in no aspects of this match. DT all day.
    Perry is better than Taylor in the top position IMO.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

If we are talking about college matches that would have never happened in real life I would like to throw these out there; Dake vs. Metcalf, Burroughs vs. Taylor, Askren vs. Ruth

For me, my personal choice would be to see Konrad versus Lesnar.

Quote Originally Posted by kdiddy1979 View Post
    If we are talking about college matches that would have never happened in real life I would like to throw these out there; Dake vs. Metcalf, Burroughs vs. Taylor, Askren vs. Ruth

I'm fascinated by the Askren vs Ruth match-up. Not just that they are 2 tough wrestlers, but their contrast in style. It would be very entertaining to watch that one!

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    DT all day.
    Yep.

Both guys were very good on top. Perry was (marginally) maybe more of a pinner while Taylor still favors teching guys.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I'm fascinated by the Askren vs Ruth match-up. Not just that they are 2 tough wrestlers, but their contrast in style. It would be very entertaining to watch that one!
    No clue how this match would go. Eyeball test says ed has the style and quick finishes to counternact some of Askrens game.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kdiddy1979 View Post

Metcalf, Burroughs, Ruth, Konrad