Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perry vs Taylor

Default Re: Perry vs Taylor

I've had Dake and Metcalf wrestle about 12 times in my head. I now have Dake winning more than Metcalf. Brent, for as successful as he was, never seemd that dynamic to me. I think that Dake in his senior year (predicted) wins more than he loses against Metcalf in his senior year.

Burroughs is exactly the matchup Taylor doesn't want - someone outstanding in space. I think Burroughs wins in neutral, but I'm trying to imagine them on the mat. Burroughs can't ride him, but he knows that. I wonder if Taylor can score enough on the mat to overcome the neutral deficit.

I think Askren (senior year) beats Ruth (right now) in the first match, then Ruth wins the rest.

Konrad beats Lesnar on the mat. Lesnar murders him in the back alley with a large, downward pointing sword.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    No clue how this match would go. Eyeball test says ed has the style and quick finishes to counternact some of Askrens game.
    That would be the key. If Ed strikes quickly and finishes (as he usually does) then Askren may not be able to spin his web. But if he can thwart Ed in finishing and get him all wrapped up rolling around, then it's a different match altogether. I really don't know which scenario would play out! I can still see Ed make a great shot in HS and getting caught in a splade and getting pinned. Of course Ed isn't the same wrestler now that he was in HS. Don't think that will happen again, but Askren is a master at funk! In freestlye I would clearly favor Ed.

Make these matches happen! Put pressure on the right people to have an exhibition, like the Askren/Herbert bout at Midlands.

Different style but can you imagine a Kudukhov//Brands (either one) showdown? Those guys would beat each other to death, would be epic.

Pendelton was the one guy to give Askren fits in college, and although Ruth and Pendelton aren't stylistically the same, they are both very good from neutral. Pendelton was able to take Askren down pretty often - he was about the only guy to do that in folkstyle. I'd give a slight edge to Ruth, but I'm a little worried about annointing both Ruth and Taylor as one of the top wrestlers ever at their weight given that they are both sophs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I'd give a slight edge to Ruth....
    I completely disagree, but since you picked Ruth over Askren because of the way he wrestles, then who do you have between Pendelton vs Ruth?

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I completely disagree, but since you picked Ruth over Askren because of the way he wrestles, then who do you have between Pendelton vs Ruth?
    Pendelton. I don't know how many times he was taken down in college but it was minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Pendelton. I don't know how many times he was taken down in college but it was minimal.
    How many times has Ruth been taken down? My guess is < 5
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    How many times has Ruth been taken down? My guess is < 5
    True, but we're comparing four years of Pendelton with two years of Ruth. I'm not saying Pendelton is better on his feet than Ruth, but it could easily be the case that it would be 0-0 at the end of the first period every time those guys wrestle.

I think that Ruth beats Askren just like Herbert beat Askren! Wrestling Askren was a nitemare for everyone but Pendleton; none of your plans work against a guy that is that unpredictable. there was no such thing as a 'bad' position for Ben.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.