Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minny grabs a reat one

Default Re: Minny grabs a reat one

Quote Originally Posted by amlan74 View Post
    A couple of questions:

I find it pretty impressive that Dozeal did so well in a national tournament in both greco and freestyle, but how much stock can be put on that tournament. I know Storley is a beast, but do their performances bode well for Dozeal and Shiller for the upcoming college season?

Is Reel looking to start this year or go red shirt?

I haven't heard anything official about Mcmurray yet, just rumors, but if he goes to Minny, do you see two of these three manning 57 and 65 in 2014, assuming that Cody Yohn holds down 65 for 1 more year?

Where does the third fit in? We're set at 49 and 74 with Ness and Storley for 3 more years, so if McMurray comes over, are we looking at 1 of these 3 never even cracking the lineup?
    It will be next to impossible for Ness to stay at 149 for three more years. Smart money says he moves up to 157 this season.
    Reel will redshirt as he couldn't win a starting job at any weight.
    Dolezal did very well at a weak weight. Don't see him starting any time soon in folkstyle. Schiller is the real deal and will be a 3X AA.
    If McMurray joins the team he will have a tough time cracking the lineup which is why I think he goes elsewhere.
    Yohn/Storley may switch weights. They would be better wrestlers and it'd improve the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    It will be next to impossible for Ness to stay at 149 for three more years. Smart money says he moves up to 157 this season.
    Reel will redshirt as he couldn't win a starting job at any weight.
    Dolezal did very well at a weak weight. Don't see him starting any time soon in folkstyle. Schiller is the real deal and will be a 3X AA.
    If McMurray joins the team he will have a tough time cracking the lineup which is why I think he goes elsewhere.
    Yohn/Storley may switch weights. They would be better wrestlers and it'd improve the lineup.
    Thanks for the info. If Ness moves up to 157 this year, who goes at 149?

4. Nick Dardanes Dec Seth Lange (Minnesota) 11-10 4-0
    I vote for Lange .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Lange, Mincy, Reiter, Danny Z are the top candidates.

The thing that impressed me the most was his anticipation of the what the other guy was about to do. It was Gable like IMO. PRetty hard to beat a guy with great technique when he knows what you are going to do before you do.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Dylan Reel will definitely be redshirting this year. There is no way he beats Cody/Logan for 165 this year.
    Minny has a ton of depth around 149 to 165 with a stud from Apple Valley in Kingsley coming in this year as well. Kingsley wrestled 160 this year is H.S. Kingsley reminds me of St. John from Iowa with his length/height.

I see Kingsley being able to start at 157 this year.....however a redshirt year would be very beneficial to him as well and see him probably doing so with the depth we have there this year from Keogh/Dolezal/Zilverburg/Ortiz/Reiter/Mincy/Lange
    Ness has his 149/157lb spot locked for sure so I essentially see 6 to 7 guys fighting for 1 spot @ 149/157 depending on where Ness wrestles this year.

And the following year Kingsley and Dylan Reel will be added to the middeweight mix with 1 of them probably going 165.

After this year I see a lot of very good talent fighting for 3 spots at the 49/57/65 range.

Not sure about Ness being able to stay @ 149 his whole career so there is quite a logjam in that area which will be nice because it has been quite some time since Minny has had an AA @ 157 or 165.