Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ed Ruth gets last WC spot for the OTT

Default Re: Ed Ruth gets last WC spot for the OTT

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Day before weigh ins. Remember Zadick has made this weight for years and competed at 149 collegiately. Not an unprecedented pull for Freestyle competition. Reece was a 141 as well.

Ed could make some noise. I dont understand how Perelli got a WC before Ed, but whatever.
    Two possibilites; either Ed Ruth applied later than Perelli or they looked at freestyle results over folkstyle ones. Perelli placed at last year's US Open and pinned Simmons doing it.

Speaking of big weight cuts- Joe Williams. I remember hearing that when he was at 74, he wrestled up at 84 (+2) for one of the tournaments (NYAC maybe) and he was still cutting weight in the Sauna.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    I also saw Andre Metzger was on the Greco list. He has to be close to 50 years old.
    52, I believe

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Two possibilites; either Ed Ruth applied later than Perelli or they looked at freestyle results over folkstyle ones. Perelli placed at last year's US Open and pinned Simmons doing it.

Speaking of big weight cuts- Joe Williams. I remember hearing that when he was at 74, he wrestled up at 84 (+2) for one of the tournaments (NYAC maybe) and he was still cutting weight in the Sauna.
    I remember when Joe actually went to Worlds as our 84 kilo guy in 07 and marveling at just how big he was.

I can believe that story.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Varner is relieved he won't have to drill Power-Bomb defense anymore.
    or practice ducking flying folding chairs