Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh crap, Here we go again

Default Oh crap, Here we go again

Nazi banker hackers again.
    What I am trying to figure out is if they hacked the site because they love wrestling or hate it.

Default Re: Oh crap, Here we go again

Turkish Hackers...they have been attacking vbulletin sites.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Someone enlighten me. Why do hackers hack? I understand people wanting to do evil things to people they don't like, so they can sit back and laugh at the anguish they have caused. But hackers don't even get that satisfaction. They just hacked this site and don't get to sit back and laugh at our inconvenience. I just don't get it. Where do they get their satisfaction?

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Someone enlighten me. Why do hackers hack? I understand people wanting to do evil things to people they don't like, so they can sit back and laugh at the anguish they have caused. But hackers don't even get that satisfaction. They just hacked this site and don't get to sit back and laugh at our inconvenience. I just don't get it. Where do they get their satisfaction?
    The battle is Universal.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

My understanding is that they are sick of the Everything PSU thread but are unable to shut it down without affecting the whole board.

I see jammen is off his meds again.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    You have different types of hackers:
    1) Criminals who are trying to steal all they can about you so as to
    a) Steal your money OR
    b) steal your identity so then they can go out & commit more crimes that can't be traced to them; sort of like using a stolen car to rob a bank;
    2) Do something malicious like crash you computer or take control of it
    a) for fun being this is how they get their kicks (LULZ)
    b) use your computer for Denial o Service (DOS) attacks where they use a network of computers to try to log on to a specific IP address 7 thusly melts down the servers & other real visitors (i.e. customers) can't access the site;

I get the stealing money and identity stuff but crashing the computer is over my head. I am not, nor have I ever been, on facebook. I just don't get the whole computer rage. This site, the Ohio wrestling site and flo are just about all I get on. I get my news from a trusted place and look it up myself, but as far as putting myself "out-there", I just don't see the benefit. I guess for all we know, this could be someone who logs on daily, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    My understanding is that they are sick of the Everything PSU thread but are unable to shut it down without affecting the whole board.
    Just saw this post. I actually laughed out loud.