Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcdonough VS Simmons

Default Mcdonough VS Simmons

Two brutal riders . Could Mcdonough get out of the stranglers grip and how do you think that match would of went ?

Default Re: Mcdonough VS Simmons

The two could split a grape for their pre match dinner.

Id favor mcd in folk and simmons in free.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I'd favor Simmons in both, especially in the first bout. Nick might have been the best top wrestler I ever saw...

I think I might favor Nick in both as well. Definitely in freestyle and then in folk his length (every bit as tall if not taller than McDonough) and his ability to wrestle from a knee and keep it together even in low scoring matches leads me to think he'd have a solid shot there as well despite the fact that McDonough obviously has the better folk resume.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

McD has shown he can be ridden by elite riders as well.

I think this pick is more a product of McD just being able to get it done when it matters and being more clutch than Simmons than any real technical observation.

I won't disagree that McD might be favored were the match to take place in the semi's at NCAA's

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I won't disagree that McD might be favored were the match to take place in the semi's at NCAA's
    Which is the obvious site for any hypothetical match up. Check and mate.

Doesn't this actually have the chance of becoming real? Aren't both going to be at the Olympic trials?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Yes