Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Mcdonough VS Simmons

Default Re: Mcdonough VS Simmons

Against Dake or Taylor there is no good position. I felt for Hatchett in the finals against Taylor when he had choice in the 3rd. He picked nuetral but any choice would have been equally as bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    If I'm wrestling a guy like Dake or Taylor, I just may choose "up" in a 0-0 tie. I wouldn't be so confident I could get away from one of those two. Although neutral would make more sense. And if I was Dake or Taylor, "up" wouldn't be a bad choice at all, IMO.
    Theres no good choice, but top is the worst choice. Both are virtually unrideable. Dt would reverse you for sure. People have escaped those two. Nobody has ridden either.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Once again , i taught my guys an escape was worth 3 points-the 1 for the E and 2 for the following TD. We drilled escapes until ''we'' puked . My guys could be having a seizure and still get out just from muscle memory.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

When you are getting takedown at will, getting turned when you are on bottom and can't maintain top position, I would say bottom is the worst position to choose.
    Your only chance for a win is for a big move / pin. Depending on your best position it should either be on your feet going for a throw or a TD right to the back or a turn / pin from the top.

My nephew got thumped twice by the KY state champ last year. He didn't get a takedown either match and couldn't get up from the bottom. So, during their third match, when it was his choice, he chose "up". His coach damn near exploded. The kid (Garth Yenter) got the escape, but it did take over 1min and Joey had an arm-bar that he almost made work. He lost again and got yelled at by his coach, but the little he did ride him gave him more confidence than just getting beat on for a third time. In situations like that, I say choose "up". It may be your only chance to get any offense working.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Theres no good choice, but top is the worst choice. Both are virtually unrideable. Dt would reverse you for sure. People have escaped those two. Nobody has ridden either.
    Both guys unrideable but in different ways. Dake basically just separates his hips and powers out. Seems to be a guarenteed '1'. Taylor seems to have a multitude of ways to get the reverse via funk/scramble/things we were taught not to do. A guarenteed '2'.

This pretty much describes the differences in their games, you won't be able to stop either of them from getting their points, just Taylor scores more of them. I don't think either of these guys can ride the other. I think Taylor gets at least one reversal on Dake.

And the correct answer is... in freestyle it's Simmons by 6 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I am a many of many weaknesses, but sincerity is not one of them.
    then you are avowedly wise for such a youngster....